Thread: Game cameras

Default Game cameras

Looking for two new cameras. Don’t need cellular or any of that stuff. Would like to keep it around $150 for both. Any recommendations?

I bought two stealthcams last year with a card reader for $99. I’ve been very happy with them for the money I spent
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I recently found a package deal on eBay with 4 of the browning cameras I like, 8 16g ultra sd cards and a card reader for something like $425. Thought that was a hell of a deal

Browning. Pick the features that keep it in your budget. There isn’t a close second brand-wise right now IMO. They all have their issues, but browning seems to have far less and if it does mess up you call browning and talk to an actual American that’ll help you troubleshoot/send replacement parts.

2nd the Brownings. Strike force series or something like that. I’ve got 2 that are going on 6 seasons. Started having issues with 1 last year. It was eating batteries. Called customer service and bought 2 new battery trays. They have both been out since last September with a battery change in March. Still 100% as of 2 days ago.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I'm not in love with Brownings. I've got two that are night blind. They take a bunch of totally black pictures at night. I've had better luck with Moultries.

If someone tells me a product is great because they have good customer service, I balk. That's like buying a truck because it's easy to work on. I want one that won't need to be worked on. I don't want to test their customer service.

Not Wildgame unless you want pictures of the wind!

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I'm not in love with Brownings. I've got two that are night blind. They take a bunch of totally black pictures at night. I've had better luck with Moultries.

If someone tells me a product is great because they have good customer service, I balk. That's like buying a truck because it's easy to work on. I want one that won't need to be worked on. I don't want to test their customer service.

Call browning and they will tell you how to fix it. Their CS department is really helpful. I’m running 30+ cameras in 2 states, given the nature of delicate electronics being strapped to a tree you are going to have a few crap out here and there. If you find a camera that can stay out for 6 month stretches and never have one fail over a big sample size please let me know. I’ve ran them all. From moultrie to spartan to wildgame, primos, muddy and spypoint. Even tried the amazon $60 specials. If I’m buying one tomorrow it’s a browning.

Seriously, call their CS, give them the serial number. They will help you troubleshoot it and send replacement parts if it’s a known issue.

To be fair moultrie has decent CS as well. I’ve just had awful luck with their cameras over a big sample size.

I ain't had great luck with brownings. My most consistent have been primos
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

My best so far have been Browning's. They take shitty early morning pics. Bought 5 Simmons for 21.99 each, putting them out tomorrow. Had 4 star reviews from like 600 reviews. Figured I'd try em, I'll report back in a couple weeks.
    Last edited by mudflat; 07-17-2020 at 08:17 PM.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I used to be Moultrie only but I’ve had a few not last. I’ve switched to Brownings and have had better luck. Wild game product’s completely suck in my opinion - feeders and cameras are junk.

Brownings have been the most consistent non-cellular for me.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I started running 2 spypoint force 20mp at the tail end of last season. Too early to tell but looks like they may be the best I've had in a while. Priced well too

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/spyp...iantId=6546897

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    My best so far have been Browning's. They take shitty early morning pics. Bought 5 Simmons for 21.99 each, putting them out tomorrow. Had 4 star reviews from like 600 reviews. Figured I'd try em, I'll report back in a couple weeks.
    Where did you find that deal?
    Carolina Counsel

Rogers sporting goods.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Brownings take a great picture problem is I just can’t keep them working. Battery tray problems, eating batteries in 2 days, dark pictures at night, it’s always something. Went to wild game cameras and I’m losing 1-2 a year, got 5 or 6 of them still. Bushnell trophy cams have had 5 of them none are currently working. Most drain the battery the first couple days with no pictures taken. Had 2 primos they broke. I could go on and on I’ve tried them all they’re all setup to fail at some point.

The browning camera I have has been really good. Also have 2 moultries that must be ten years old that still work great. That being said I’ve got a box full of moultries that have shit the bed the last 3 years I’ve been meaning to send back. My wife bought me some off brand camera off of amazon and it’s been pretty good also, Victure maybe?
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 07-18-2020 at 07:42 AM.

Thanks for the reccs. I look into browning and may one of those from midway to test.