Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are there really more duck hunters now?

What the.......? Hell, anyone can find a weapon and "try to shoot ducks". Do the guys that roll in ten miunutes from daylight, see you shining them off, and still set up 100 yards from you still count as "duck hunters"? What about the ones that are skybusting commorants as you're trying to work ducks? It's within a serious waterfowler's right to bitch & moan about things like that.
    S.C. - Standing alone against Northern aggression since 1861 (LAT)

Greenwing,
    Did you follow the thread?I don't care about your or anyone else's self righteous indignation. Just because you consider yourself a "serious" hunter does not grant you arbiter status concerning who is and who is not a REAL duck hunter.That is just your opinion.All I'm looking for is an an answer to this question."Are there more duck hunters than there used to be?" I'm not concerned with their abilities,just their numbers as you perceive them to be. If they have a gun and they're out there somewhere trying to kill a duck,that means that they are "duck hunting"
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

"All I'm looking for is an an answer to this question."Are there more duck hunters than there used to be?""

No. Not even if you count all the tamie shooters out there...

A distinction must be made, whether you like it or not. Otherwise every dumbass standing near water holding a shotgun would be considered a duck hunter. Also there are those who only hunt opening weekend then move on to something else. By the way "sotunderit" you keep telling everyone to follw the thread. Maybe you should, your question has been answered ten different ways. So quit your whinin when a few of us digress..BIATCH
    "Hey bo is them ducks or sea gulls"

I followed the thread,I started it.I am looking for input from as many sources as care to respond.I don't hunt all over the country,much less the state.This seemed like the right place to post such a query.Once again, no distinction needs to be made between real hunters or wannabe types.Anybody out there doing it counts for discussion purposes.I do not need you or anyone else to try to teach me the difference.I have been doing this for a L O N G time. If it rubs you the wrong way don't read it.If it really bugs you,some Pamprin or Midol(your choice) might be in order.Btw,"biatch",cute...did you learn that one as you were using your cane pole while fishing with your family on the nearest bridge.

Been doing this stuff for 40+ years and still love it. The dog makes it more fun and makes up for the lack of ducks. The most hunters were during the late 60's and 70's when we had lots of ducks and lots of hunters. I used to go in the hatchery WMA and have 3 people in shotgun range of my decoys. We all killed ducks but I didn't like it. The Cooper river was full at Mulberry, Mepkin and Pimlico at 3:00 am. The lack of ducks has greatly reduced the number of hunters. You may see one or two other hunters on the river, and you're really lucky to see a duck. Went to a private club on the Cooper River Saturday with the judge and we each shot once and killed 1 ring neck apiece. The worst I have seen in a long time. But maybe the big flights will come in next week! So I'll keep going and sitting in the boat to watch the sun come up and the anticipation of Doc.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog

O.k. I'm not over 40, but I've been duck'n for about 30 year's. What I think the problem is is with the advent of motorized decoys. They make it easier for the neckbones to hunt and kill birds or at least get birds into sky-busting range!
    If they ( The Man ) were to outlaw these type of decoys then alot of these neckbones would stop hunting!

P.S The difference between a Rubberneck and a Neckbone is?
    A Rubberneck can suck his on dick. A Neckbone already has his dick in his mouth!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

climpsin still sucks.
    DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and FISH is an asshole
    SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think motorized decoys would stop those rubberneck hunters from continuing on. Hell there is a line of deeks that do the same thing. This whole topic needs to just be deleted.
    Go Tigers!!!

Delete it "sotunderit" is just wanting a reason to argue with people. He has'nt responded to any pertinent info yet.

BTW "sotunderit" I learned the word "biatch" from your mother the last time she worked a party I gave for a few of the guys that work for me. She seemed to like that name.

doood? [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

BigToad,
    Is that the best that you can do? I am truly disappointed, some weak "your Mama" joke.Pathetic.

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

All right guys - leave the personal shit out or this thread and you will be gone - first and last warning.
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

Sorry guys got caught up in childish B.S. Shotundeit, game over far as I'm concerned. Let's move onto topics worth typing about. Sorry again.