Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rrconductor

Damn. We were in the dove club together.

2020 sucks balls.
    Last edited by wob; 07-15-2020 at 07:52 PM.

A very solid man indeed. God's Speed to ya brother.
    Genesis 9;2

Sad to hear. I’ve never met him but he seemed like a heck of a nice guy

He lives just down the street from me.

Not that long ago, my wife hollars for me from the kitchen... "Ahhh Honey, some man just pulled up in a little grey pick-up truck and is walking toward our front door please come up here". I went and opened the door and it was Claude. He said, "Hey man, I just found a jug of RL-19 powder I figured you could use." and I replied, well here, let me pay you for it (brand new), he said "ah man, dont worry about it. Lets just go to Realfoot Lake this year", I replied that I would love to.

He has invited me on his Realfoot Lake duck hunt the last 5 years and I never went. I wish I would have.

He just replied the other day to my "WTB Truck" thread in the trading post.

Have there been arrangements announced?
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

God Speed to Mr. Claude. My prayers are added for his family and friends. 2020 has been a shitty year for sure. I have lost too many friends.

Going on vacation the week of the 25th. I am going to stop at Boone Hall and take a few minutes to remember and honor my departed friend Willie.

Life is damn short. Get to living and make sure to let your friends and family know you love them.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Only met him once. Super fine fellow. Prayers to the family. He will surely be missed.

Sad. We had Norfolk Southern in common, I miss the Railroad man. Does anyone know what got him, were the same age 67 I think?

I always enjoyed reading his posts here. I know I have missed out by not knowing him personally after reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Huck View Post
    Sad. We had Norfolk Southern in common, I miss the Railroad man. Does anyone know what got him, were the same age 67 I think?
    Heart attack.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Wow, at just 67. We had a conversation back in April over the course of a few days. God's Peace, MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I put the roof on his place in Surfside. I don't remember much of the work as I talked to him the entire time. He'd talk the horns off a billy goat. Always had something good to say though
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

2020 just keeps sucking. Hate to hear it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

About 35 years ago He told me when he was young they had a place they hunted on the coast where the ducks would fly low right down beach or over the beach. He said they would take burlap sheets and get them sandy and lay under under them and wax some ass. I thought that sounded cool.

I never had the opportunity to meet him as we missed each other at a Greenville gun show a few years back. Based on everyone’s comments, that is my loss.

Godspeed, rrconductor...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

https://www.tributearchive.com/obitu...artow-Iler-III

Claude Bartow “Pippy” Iler , III, 67 passed away Tuesday, July 14, 2020, at home in Greenville, SC.

Born October 22, 1952, in Greenville, SC, he was the son of Claude Bartow Iler, Jr. and Julianne Harris Iler. He was a graduate of The McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tennessee and attended Clemson University. Mr. Iler was also a graduate of The Colorado School of Gunsmithing. He was retired from Norfolk Southern RR.

Claude is survived by the daughter he adored, Anne Harvin Iler of Columbia, SC, his devoted and loving partner, Ellen Griffith of Greenville, and his sister, Maryanne Iler “Missi” Poe (Tom) of Murrells Inlet. He also leaves behind his many friends with whom he shared special memories.

He was an avid outdoorsman and nothing gave him more pleasure than hunting, saltwater fishing, and cooking for his family and friends. Claude also was a die hard Clemson Tiger and was in Miami witnessing the Tigers win their first National Championship in 1981.

In lieu of flowers memorials may be made The McCallie School, 500 Dodd’s Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37404.

Thomas McAfee Funeral Home, Downtown, 639 N. Main Street, in Greenville is in charge of arrangements.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Godspeed Claude....
    More fuel = more boost!!

Dang that is hard news. I always enjoyed running into him at the gun show. As nice a guy as you could ask for.

And a Clemson fan to boot.

Prayers to his family
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I just heard about this and read it. Don't know how I missed it. Great guy. Met him in person right after his retirement at a skeet and BBQ down at Awendaw. Really a great guy.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.