Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rrconductor

Prayers to his family. Solid guy, didn’t know him well but pleasant when I met him.

Dang. Prayers sent to the family
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Dangit, he was as solid a dude as there is on the site.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Hate to hear this he was a great guy. He was nice to me when I was a pestering kid and he had no reason to be.
    Last edited by santee11; 07-15-2020 at 08:05 PM.

So hate to read this. He was the tip of the spear when it came to putting together a few upstate duckers get togethers.

Always friendly and certainly knew me better than I knew him - and that's totally my fault. Damn I hate this....
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Dang, prayers for his family and friends

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Gonna miss him around here, for sure.

yeah, talked to him a bit at a flyway thing

He was a nice fella, prayers sent

Man I hated getting that call. Mr Claude and I go back a long time. He married a girl from Manning and worked for one of my dads biggest competitors in Manning for a number of years. Even though they competed against each other, they were very good friends. We grew up in the same hunting club together and spent countless hours together. When I was 11, my dad fell 30 feet while working on a stand at the club. He spent the next 3 months laid up not able to do anything. Mr Claude would call anytime he was going to the club, pick me up and made sure I still got the opportunity to hunt (usually putting me in the best stand) and hang out with the other guys. Any time they were shooting doves he would make sure I was there. After my dad got out of the club (Mr Claude was still a current member) and he moved to Greenville, we still talked and text regularly. Lot of times when he was coming through Manning headed to the club in Greeleyville, he would stop by my office and hang out for a bit.
    He was always giving me things. 10-12 years ago he called and said he was headed my way and had a few things for me. He said he had about quit duck hunting and wanted to give some things that he cherished and wanted to pass them on to me. The first thing was a Jack Miner band he'd killed. The second was a Chick Major Call. The package also included an early Glenn Scobey duck call and several calls made and given to him by a local swaprat, Greg Herlong. In recent years he'd gotten back into duck hunting and I tried on several occasions to give the items back but he always insisted he knew where they were if he ever wanted them. I was unboxing some things this past weekend while moving into my new house and ran across these items. I prominently displayed them in a glass faced book case in my den. More recently, he sent me a package that he bought at an estate sale. It included an old Duxbak turkey vest (never seen one before) and a few old turkey calls.
    When I was young, I loved listening to his stories of his offshore adventures. He and some friends were catching marlin and tuna way before it became "cool". He saw and did more in the outdoors than most men will ever do. Our last correspondence was Sunday. I think his last post on SCDUCKS was about hunting doves with me this year and my response was that he always had an open invitation at my place. Tell my dad I say hey. You will surely be missed!

Very nice guy, prayers for the family.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    Man I hated getting that call. Mr Claude and I go back a long time. He married a girl from Manning and worked for one of my dads biggest competitors in Manning for a number of years. Even though they competed against each other, they were very good friends. We grew up in the same hunting club together and spent countless hours together. When I was 11, my dad fell 30 feet while working on a stand at the club. He spent the next 3 months laid up not able to do anything. Mr Claude would call anytime he was going to the club, pick me up and made sure I still got the opportunity to hunt (usually putting me in the best stand) and hang out with the other guys. Any time they were shooting doves he would make sure I was there. After my dad got out of the club (Mr Claude was still a current member) and he moved to Greenville, we still talked and text regularly. Lot of times when he was coming through Manning headed to the club in Greeleyville, he would stop by my office and hang out for a bit.
    He was always giving me things. 10-12 years ago he called and said he was headed my way and had a few things for me. He said he had about quit duck hunting and wanted to give some things that he cherished and wanted to pass them on to me. The first thing was a Jack Miner band he'd killed. The second was a Chick Major Call. The package also included an early Glenn Scobey duck call and several calls made and given to him by a local swaprat, Greg Herlong. In recent years he'd gotten back into duck hunting and I tried on several occasions to give the items back but he always insisted he knew where they were if he ever wanted them. I was unboxing some things this past weekend while moving into my new house and ran across these items. I prominently displayed them in a glass faced book case in my den. More recently, he sent me a package that he bought at an estate sale. It included an old Duxbak turkey vest (never seen one before) and a few old turkey calls.
    When I was young, I loved listening to his stories of his offshore adventures. He and some friends were catching marlin and tuna way before it became "cool". He saw and did more in the outdoors than most men will ever do. Our last correspondence was Sunday. I think his last post on SCDUCKS was about hunting doves with me this year and my response was that he always had an open invitation at my place. Tell my dad I say hey. You will surely be missed!
    Man I'm gonna miss him.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Prayers for the family

wonderful tribute, thunderchicken. well said
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 07-15-2020 at 03:36 PM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Default rrconductor

2020 sucks! This is sad to see. Claude was a great guy with a big heart. I reached out to Claude a couple years ago about a spot I was interested in hunting in TN he had some knowledge of. We chatted on the phone with him giving me a lot of info on this place. When he found out I had just finished a tour in Afghanistan he immediately invited me to tag along with him on a three day out of state hunt. At that time, he didn’t know me at all. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed hunting with him. Sadly, we had another trip planned in January. Thunderchicken , I’m envious of all the time you were able to spend with him. He had some great stories. He had a skill of being able to talk to you one second and snoring loudly the next all while sitting straight up in the blind. I’m drinking a bourbon and ginger ale right now in honor of Claude! Till we meet again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tailwalkin79; 07-15-2020 at 06:39 PM.

I spoke with him at a Flyway workday at 2th’s. Interested in what I had to say as a young man living in Georgetown at the time. Shared some awesome stories of hunting and fishing in the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Hate to hear this, prayers to his family and friends.

Dang prayers sent
    867-5309

If someone see the obituary online please post the link
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Man I hate to hear this. What a great fella! Met him at one of the workdays at BG. Always enjoyed catching up with him. Prayers up for his family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    wonderful tribute, thunderchicken. well said
    Agreed.