Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here's the bet.......

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    No, they actually don’t, if this screenshot is real. Mrs Fisher is the Lexington county coroner.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with the accuracy but they do throw numbers out to the public.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Rode by LHS this morning at 8:39 and the line was out in the road......
    They were already lining up at 7:33 when I drove by. I just shook my head.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Default Here's the bet.......

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    I must be missing it, I listen to 2 different talk radio stations in the morning and they both give testing info but I havent heard them say how many tests are deing done. Where is it being reported?

N/M found it on the scdhec website, thanks

https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-di...tions-covid-19

looks like 13.5% of people tested come back as positive and 1.6% of people tested positive die "from" it. National average is around 4%
    1.67 %. That .07% is UUUGGGEEE
    Last edited by britton40; 07-14-2020 at 10:34 AM.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fo...ovid-19-report

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I read somewhere that most people are not contagious but one person can be super contagious and spread to many people. Usually those asymptomatic are not contagious. CDC says it cannot be spread by touching surfaces.

That is my understanding as well. Also for those commenting on the free test part, for me I believe it is bc my wife is a state health care worker and we have insurance through state health plan, so I paid for it. Just not on the day of the test.

Anyways, I figured this was worth sharing while we are all talking about it. This is a message my cousin sent to our family last night. She is a nurse at MUSC in pediatrics:

That being said, I want all of y’all to know that it is seriously really bad right now- I know y’all know this but as someone on the frontline, the news coverage is just numbers and statistics and it’s quite different in reality when taking care of human beings. Every health system in Chas. is in crisis mode, and I’m seeing things I never thought I would and having to make decisions on the fly that affect every patient on my unit and all my co workers as well- bc that’s where we are. We’re now admitting adults to the new Children’s Hospital to try to help relieve the main and ART hospitals. Major renovations to the old Children’s Hospital luckily had not begun since our move and that space has been used to open additional adult covid units but they too are at capacity. I haven’t taken care of an adult since I was in nursing school almost 10 years ago, but hey, it is what it is.

Please, please do all the things y’all know to do... to protect yourself from others and to protect others from you! Please stay away from public places as much as possible. If someone is asymptotic, that’s great but also a huge problem in the spread.

Lastly, please know that children are being affected by covid now more so than we previously thought in the beginning and critically so. When this all started, they were the safest population against this virus, but that’s not the case any longer. We currently have a PICU covid unit and it’s over capacity. So please spread the word to all the parents out there, bc I think it is largely not addressed compared to the adult crisis.

I love you all and despite the challenges going on right now with no foreseen end in sight, I’m not complaining and honestly can’t imagine doing anything else right now than what I’m doing. I just want to make y’all aware of what’s really happening in our own city, bc knowledge is power! So there’s your friendly PSA on what’s really going on in your local hospitals right now and that every choice each of us makes daily determines how long we will be in this position.

I think long story short, don’t take unnecessary risks, and keep yourself as well as others in mind when taking precautions. With 4 neighbors becoming ill and listening to them tell me how it has kicked or is kicking their ass, I am fine with doing everything I can to not experience it first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I've heard way too many people in administration of hospitals talk about getting money for each case not to believe it.
    they get paid for each case. no shit.

but that's why its so misleading. they sure as hell arent working for free. and with the PPE, its costly, so they get paid more.

why is this so hard to understand?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I had the classic symptoms on the last day of vacation in the Keys. It sapped my energy. Waited a week until symptoms worsened and got tested. Results were positive. I knew I had it.

My wife is in direct patient care. She caught it from me. She is out of work in the bed with no energy and respiratory symptoms and others. She is awaiting test results now. I know she has it.

I am glad I survived and hate she has it. She tells me I cannot share our bed because I can catch it again.

While it was not as bad as the flu it does take all your energy and lasted 12 days. If washing hands, wearing a mask and social distancing work even a little bit, do it for yourself, your loved ones and co-workers.
    you had symptoms for over a week? and tested positive on day 7?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    That is my understanding as well. Also for those commenting on the free test part, for me I believe it is bc my wife is a state health care worker and we have insurance through state health plan, so I paid for it. Just not on the day of the test.

Anyways, I figured this was worth sharing while we are all talking about it. This is a message my cousin sent to our family last night. She is a nurse at MUSC in pediatrics:

That being said, I want all of y’all to know that it is seriously really bad right now- I know y’all know this but as someone on the frontline, the news coverage is just numbers and statistics and it’s quite different in reality when taking care of human beings. Every health system in Chas. is in crisis mode, and I’m seeing things I never thought I would and having to make decisions on the fly that affect every patient on my unit and all my co workers as well- bc that’s where we are. We’re now admitting adults to the new Children’s Hospital to try to help relieve the main and ART hospitals. Major renovations to the old Children’s Hospital luckily had not begun since our move and that space has been used to open additional adult covid units but they too are at capacity. I haven’t taken care of an adult since I was in nursing school almost 10 years ago, but hey, it is what it is.

Please, please do all the things y’all know to do... to protect yourself from others and to protect others from you! Please stay away from public places as much as possible. If someone is asymptotic, that’s great but also a huge problem in the spread.

Lastly, please know that children are being affected by covid now more so than we previously thought in the beginning and critically so. When this all started, they were the safest population against this virus, but that’s not the case any longer. We currently have a PICU covid unit and it’s over capacity. So please spread the word to all the parents out there, bc I think it is largely not addressed compared to the adult crisis.

I love you all and despite the challenges going on right now with no foreseen end in sight, I’m not complaining and honestly can’t imagine doing anything else right now than what I’m doing. I just want to make y’all aware of what’s really happening in our own city, bc knowledge is power! So there’s your friendly PSA on what’s really going on in your local hospitals right now and that every choice each of us makes daily determines how long we will be in this position.

I think long story short, don’t take unnecessary risks, and keep yourself as well as others in mind when taking precautions. With 4 neighbors becoming ill and listening to them tell me how it has kicked or is kicking their ass, I am fine with doing everything I can to not experience it first hand.

There are, unfortunately, a shit ton of people that will chalk this post up to being hogwash until they catch it. I can promise you I don't want to catch it again, hell im not 100% yet and I tested positive June 22nd. Overloading our hospitals is the last thing we want to do and we are on the fast track to doing just that.

i'm not gonna nitpick but read her comments and insert the word "flu" instead of covid and tell me if you would react the same.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

If this virus is so contagious and deadly why are there no biohazard disposal bins for all the used masks? Just some thoughts about the inconsistency of all this bullshit.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    they get paid for each case. no shit.

but that's why its so misleading. they sure as hell arent working for free. and with the PPE, its costly, so they get paid more.

why is this so hard to understand?
    So you think they wouldn't fudge the number? Come on, you're smarter than that
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

See my aunt is in administration at the hospital in Gastonia and my best friends wife is in nurse training.m at Rex hospital. They sing a different tune. I was in the er in Charlotte 2 weeks ago and no mention of delay or bed space there either
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

See my aunt is in administration at the hospital in Gastonia and my best friends wife is in nurse training.m at Rex hospital. They sing a different tune. I was in the er in Charlotte 2 weeks ago and no mention of delay or bed space there either
    Same thing in Florence. Have family in administration at our local hospital and they said while the number of people being seen at the hospital has gone up, not near as many are needing ICU. Most are being observed for a day or so and going home.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    They keep reporting how many positives there are, I would like to know how many tests were done. 1500 positives out of 2000 tests is one thing, 1500 positives out of 200000 tests is something else
    SCDHEC reports every day the percent of tests that are positive. This has gone up over the last month to over 20%. This indicates that the increased number of cases is not due to increased testing, but actually a lot more people infected

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Imagine a disease so debilitating and deadly you have to get a test to find out if you have it.
    You mean diseases like cancer, meningitis, coronary heart disease, all of which are diagnosed with tests? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you had symptoms for over a week? and tested positive on day 7?
    I had symptoms for one week before I tested.

Results came 6 days later. Two more days and I’m at work.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

So you think they wouldn't fudge the number? Come on, you're smarter than that
    yes.
    but that doesnt mean they get paid some exorbitant fee to treat a covid patient. you realize that's what doctors and nurses do?

normal patient on vent--$1000
    Covid patient on vent-- $1500

it all makes sense and is priced accordingly.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/cdc-...eopenings.html

It's all the north's fault. Dang yankees screwing things up again
    Last edited by Remy; 07-14-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Testing is back to about an 8 day delay from LabCorp. Friend tested last Monday and got results today.