Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell With The Redskins

Default Hell With The Redskins

Well it's official. Been a Redskins all my life and it's been almost 30 years since I could say that proudly. I may not give up NFL football completely but this certainly gives me the opportunity to pledge my allegiance to a new team. I'd like to go with a winning organization at this point in my life. I feel like the proper solution is to become a Dallas fan but I can't stomach that. Giants? Meh. I've been to Philly and made it out alive so I don't need that added pressure. If the Braves were to cave on this I would easily give up MLB but this seems more difficult to me.

My only comment on this is what company or organization would intentionally put a discriminating logo or slur on their product? I can't think of one.

The NFL may be very surprised when their ratings take a big dump this year. I know of many life-long fans that are cutting it off this year.
    I don't like that they caved, but financially they didn't have a choice. It was either keep money or keep the name.

The NFL ratings have been dipping for the last 2-3 years.. Don't believe it? Just ask Clay Travis, pretty sure he beats off to dipping NFL, NBA and ESPN ratings.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I hope the nfl, nba and nascar go out of business in the near future. Fukum
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    The NFL ratings have been dipping for the last 2-3 years.. Don't believe it? Just ask Clay Travis, pretty sure he beats off to dipping NFL, NBA and ESPN ratings.
    sports is an escape from all the bullshit...or at least it used to be. A 90 mph fastball doesnt care if you are black, white, republican or democrat. The football field is the same length for both.

Well those days are over and its no longer an escape. I cut ESPN commentary off several years ago. I guess I will have to cut the sports off now.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    sports is an escape from all the bullshit...or at least it used to be. A 90 mph fastball doesnt care if you are black, white, republican or democrat. The football field is the same length for both.

Well those days are over and its no longer an escape. I cut ESPN commentary off several years ago. I guess I will have to cut the sports off now.
    I watch college football only these days, no other sports unless you count the outdoor channels but most of those shows are annoying.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

What's amazing is that a lot of Native American "groups" supported the name and the use of the logo. The didn't find it offensive and, although I can't get in everyone's heads, can't imagine that it was meant to be offensive. I imagine it was meant to be quit the opposite. Other than the gamecocks, who picks a mascot that's not fast, powerful, and worthy of great envy?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

It's not just football.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Other than the gamecocks, who picks a mascot that's not fast, powerful, and worthy of great envy?
    You obviously have never been to real cock fights- put 2 fighting rooster with spurs in the ring - they fight to the death.

I work for Dixie Pipeline, it’s only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    What's amazing is that a lot of Native American "groups" supported the name and the use of the logo. The didn't find it offensive and, although I can't get in everyone's heads, can't imagine that it was meant to be offensive. I imagine it was meant to be quit the opposite. Other than the gamecocks, who picks a mascot that's not fast, powerful, and worthy of great envy?
    you gotta understand man. When "wokeness" finds a target, the actual people involved on either side of the issue are ignored and the mob will "fix" it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

bournemouth scored four second half goals to beat leicester city over the weekend.

switch football for futbol!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I turned on ESPN last week and the MLS players were staging a pre-game spectacle that looked like a Black Panther party was about to kick off. I turned the tv off and called Comcast to cancel my outrageous tv package that I no longer need. Unfortunately I couldn't get anyone on the phone that evening but it's coming. When are Comcast and the other large providers going to feel the heat from this? If there's no football in the fall I expect that will be soon. I'm pretty sure I can roll with a ROKU and some free digital tv from here on out.

Beecher, it sucks, they caved to get money to bring the team back into DC. I'm done as well. Golf and Ice hockey will probably be about the only sports i'll watch. They both have ways to stream online.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

i think golf needs its own forum....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I had a terrible front nine yesterday, and the partner I've played with the last two matches makes me feel old. And he outdrives me by thirty yards, and he hit 17 greens from the tips.

so I'm grumpy. just for today

and pro football sucks, it's for yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    and pro football sucks, it's for yankees
    And people wearing jerseys with other men’s name on them.

If you are older than 18 and wear a jersey with another mans name, that man gets to screw you.

if one were to know me, just in the least little bit.. they'd know I don't approve grown ups wearing jerseys. That shit is tackier than aids, or cargo shorts