Thread: Nigerian Prince

Default Nigerian Prince

Well, not really a Nigerian prince but my son was taken for $2,500 via the same sort of scam. Wiped out his bank account, his money not mine. His reason for falling for it, "They emailed my FSU email address, so I thought it was ok." I thought the boy was smarter than that. Guess not.

The scam was we'll give you a check for $2,800 and you send us a money order for $2,500. He texted them a picture of the money order and then mailed it to them. We found out about it because the check bounced and when his account was overdrawn we got a call from the credit union. He's been busting his ass trying to get a replacement money order before they can cash the one he mailed.

As a refresher, this the son that dates the future daytime stripper, allowed his friends to wreck my brand new polaris ranger, and made a few other dumb moves in the past 12 months. It's been a banner year for him.

Maybe if you'd put bacon on his sandwiches this wouldn't be happening.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Well, I dated a stripper when I was 18...she may have danced during the day too...I didn’t really keep up with it. I once gave a guy $40.00 to go around the corner and bring me back a package...never saw him again. I wrecked my parents car on high school graduation night. I got lost frog-gigging in a state DNR boat and got arrested for trespassing when I knocked on the door of some plantation owner to ask how to get back to Samworth. Coulda had a lot more stuff go wrong from arrests to death many times during that phase of my life...it by the grace of God, I made it and turned out OK. Takes some people longer to grow up than others, and immaturity with freedom is a bad combo. Love...tough love...and support him through it. I’m going to be 62 when my oldest boy hits 18 and 71 when my youngest is 25, so it’ll probably be the death of me when they hit that “phase.” Hang in there.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 07-26-2020 at 05:07 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I gotta go with the life lessons from Colin4.

If that’s the worst F up he ever does that ain’t too bad. Lol.

Is he in a Union?

He's not smart enough to get in a union, just FSU.

Educations are expensive. I am highly educated.
    Last edited by santee11; 07-26-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    That's the Damn truth.........

I got at least a PhD
    cut\'em

i gave a guy from New Orleans cash to go across the border once in 1983, he is still in jail there for all I know
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-26-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Well, I dated a stripper when I was 18...she may have danced during the day too...I didn’t really keep up with it. I once gave a guy $40.00 to go around the corner and bring me back a package...never saw him again. I wrecked my parents car on high school graduation night. I got lost frog-gigging in a state DNR boat and got arrested for trespassing when I knocked on the door of some plantation owner to ask how to get back to Samworth. Coulda had a lot more stuff go wrong from arrests to death many times during that phase of my life...it by the grace of God, I made it and turned out OK. Takes some people longer to grow up than others, and immaturity with freedom is a bad combo. Love...tough love...and support him through it. I’m going to be 62 when my oldest boy hits 18 and 71 when my youngest is 25, so it’ll probably be the death of me when they hit that “phase.” Hang in there.
    I will be 65 when my son is 20. Old dads are hard to beat unless it’s in foot racing or a tree climbing. I can’t believe how much I love that little boy. I would fight a lion with a switch for him and his mama.

Good to know I'm not the only one here who has been called grandfather when I'm picking up my boy from school.

Very but you got to be smart to survive it. I pray to GOD and Thank him for looking our for us
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I will be 65 when my son is 20. Old dads are hard to beat unless it’s in foot racing or a tree climbing. I can’t believe how much I love that little boy. I would fight a lion with a switch for him and his mama.
    You love them so much it hurts sometimes! When my oldest turns 20 I’ll be 39. I’m kind of sad we’ll be there in just 6 short years. However I still have a 4,5, and 6 year old!
    867-5309

You can either have kids when you're young enough to play with them, or old enough to afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    You can either have kids when you're young enough to play with them, or old enough to afford them.
    Very true. I was 35 when my son was born so I guess I fall in the older half of that demo.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Or just not live beyond your means and still afford them while you're young. Not calling you out specifically, but I don't see it as an all or nothing proposition

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Or just not live beyond your means and still afford them while you're young. Not calling you out specifically, but I don't see it as an all or nothing proposition
    I am sure it was tongue in cheek a bit but for most people it is true. I can afford a heck of a lot more now for my youngest than I could his brother. 9 years difference between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    I am sure it was tongue in cheek a bit but for most people it is true. I can afford a heck of a lot more now for my youngest than I could his brother. 9 years difference between them.
    I'd agree with you. I just think too many people rack up too much debt while they're young (college, cars, toys, too big a house) and that in turn makes it hard to have kids in their 20s. Most people I know can't delay buying nice things until later in life and those decisions make it hard to do other things, like raise kids.