Thread: The boat I want..

Default The boat I want..

I wish I could find someone making the Glassmaster trihull that DNR officers could run over most of Santee chasing us duck hunters and striper thieves. Those boats were built. 85 hp evinrudes and nothing could stop them. Tanks in the water.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

You’d be better off with a grey hulled Boston whaler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

We had one with a tall boy Merc, 90 hp... panty dropper at West Bank Landing in high school
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

We had one with a 350 inboard/outboard

I always thought this was one of the coolest boats ever.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...M&vet=1&w=1024
    Last edited by scatter shot; 07-10-2020 at 11:46 PM.

My old man still has his, two tone cream and mustard green....he bought it in 1971 and it has been garage kept since then. I still take it to the lake house from time to time....gets compliments all the time and everybody wants to know who restored it. Everybody is shocked when I tell them it is a survivor.

Boat is solid as a rock. Hit and broke in half a green 6x6 perpendicular in the river while cutting school to go skiing back in the day and thought for sure I had sunk the boat...pulled it out back at the house and there wasn't even so much as a scratch on the bottom. I wasn't worried damaging the boat, but trying to figure out what I was going to tell my dad about skipping school??? That was another story...

She still had the origina V4 115 Evinrude Starflite w/ push button shifter up until a couple years ago when we repowered her....sold the 'Rude to a buddy of mine and he is still running it on a pontoon on the lake.

ETA:. Those fold out back to back lounge seats were a great place for some he'n and she'n back in school in the middle of the lake....
    Last edited by FishSticker; 07-11-2020 at 06:23 AM.

There is a super sweet whale that has been restored at Pawleys Island Outdoors.

Family owned 2 of them with the tall boy merc on the back. Make striper boats to this day
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Bop over to Chessbay's and see if he's still got that thing of his

My dad has some good stories of taking Gertrude offshore. They use to slay the cobia and spades the glassmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Bop over to Chessbay's and see if he's still got that thing of his
    He's got something covered up in the backyard.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I remember the boats that tried to copy the Glassmasters. They were made here in the Midlands too. They were lighter and not near as strong.

I know where one is sitting in Reevesville under a barn.