Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Lawn Weed

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Are Celsius and msm not different target chemicals. I have always seen the 2 used together .
    After we talked I assumed they both handled more of a selective group each. Once I started looking through this morning, they target most of the same weeds except for Bahia grass and maybe some smaller ones I didn’t see

My assumption is MSM works faster through the discussions I’ve read but how they work is different on top of the temperature ranges, Celsius above 85 and MSM below that.

I’m no expert and open to learning, so I could be thinking about this the wrong way. Side note, I did try to leave this to the pros once.
    Last edited by TJ_11; 07-11-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Little update.

On July 15th I had some nutsedge I needed to spray first, I sprayed image at the broadcast rate. The label for Image actually says it it control dove weed also.(figured I would give it a test run) My plan was to wait 10 days and then hit it with Celsius as long as the nutsedge was being controlled. Friday the 24th I spot sprayed the yard with Celsius and a non-ionic surfactant.

These pictures were taken today. This isn't from the celsius as it doesn't work that quick, but this is 2 weeks from the time Image was applied. You can see the nutsedge isn't growing, and the common sedge it yellowing pretty good along with the dove weed. I have high hopes that this round of Celsius will put a stop to it for now.

Last 2 years I had a bad infestation of Virginia Button weed, only small new growths are coming up. My understanding with both, that and dove weed, its a 3 year deal.

IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1648.jpg
    IMG_1649.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_11 View Post
    Little update.

On July 15th I had some nutsedge I needed to spray first, I sprayed image at the broadcast rate. The label for Image actually says it it control dove weed also.(figured I would give it a test run) My plan was to wait 10 days and then hit it with Celsius as long as the nutsedge was being controlled. Friday the 24th I spot sprayed the yard with Celsius and a non-ionic surfactant.

These pictures were taken today. This isn't from the celsius as it doesn't work that quick, but this is 2 weeks from the time Image was applied. You can see the nutsedge isn't growing, and the common sedge it yellowing pretty good along with the dove weed. I have high hopes that this round of Celsius will put a stop to it for now.

Last 2 years I had a bad infestation of Virginia Button weed, only small new growths are coming up. My understanding with both, that and dove weed, its a 3 year deal.

IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1648.jpg
    IMG_1649.jpg
    The grass handling it okay? I am afraid to spray in this heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk