Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Lawn Weed

Default Another Lawn Weed

What is this weed, and what can I kill it with?
    It’s coming in strong right now in the Bermuda.
    Thanks

3D105D91-1287-49BB-B34D-1AC5992F60D7.jpeg3A281E75-7EF8-4D69-9F5A-1C744D5338CF.jpeg222BE408-733B-4B11-922B-C6733F5B4396.jpeg
    Last edited by TJ_11; 07-10-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Crab grass?

4C8A10D6-4474-4A50-A3F9-925B7C7C76F5.jpegBAB85857-EF3C-4136-A5A0-86D3175F8CB0.jpeg

It looks like it but doesn’t mound up and grow every way.

I’m used to young crabgrass being thin. This is how they are starting.

Unless it’s some form of it that creeps and stay lows.
    Last edited by TJ_11; 07-10-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Check out MSMA.

Quote Originally Posted by tsigmon View Post
    Check out MSMA.
    Exactly what weed am I looking for.

Right now I have trimec, Celsius, sedgehammer and image in the garage.

Looks like Virginia button weed to me. I am switching from speedzone and msma to Celsius and MSM turf. I have heard that MSM and Celsius can be sprayed when it’s hotter. It takes longer to kill but won’t make the grass turn yellow for a week or two like MSMA. I have Bermuda just FYI.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 07-10-2020 at 07:43 PM.

I just sprayed Celsius on my Bermuda this pm after cutting it. Last Friday I sprayed my second application of T-Nex for growth regulation.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Tell me more about this tnex?

https://www.domyown.com/tnex-p-16595.html

I spray .25oz/1000sqft needless to say that gallon is going to last me quite awhile, if you want to try some let me know.

https://thelawnforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54

Here are the clippings of my 2000 sqft front yard after this past week of not cutting it.
    E5783F08-3B16-431B-979C-CE9183F23E40.jpg
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 07-10-2020 at 08:02 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Dove weed. Need two apps of Celsius. Dove weed dies on its own when night time temps start dropping in September. Usually by then the damage is done. Spray it early

And use a surfactant, waxy leaf on dove weed doesn’t like to take up the Celsius. Dawn will do if you get in a pinch.

MSMA kills damn near everything in Bermuda, as suggested earlier, use a surfactant.

I spray MSMA when I'm on MDMA and my lawn is surgically clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I spray MSMA when I'm on MDMA and my lawn is surgically clean.
    Make sure and throw in some MAGA for good measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Looks like Virginia button weed to me. I am switching from speedzone and msma to Celsius and MSM turf. I have heard that MSM and Celsius can be sprayed when it’s hotter. It takes longer to kill but won’t make the grass turn yellow for a week or two like MSMA. I have Bermuda just FYI.
    I’m interested in this combo. I’ll read up more. I use the Celsius because of the button weed and poa annua and when it’s too hot for trimec. This is different then the buttonweed I have. Not as thick when immature.

Quote Originally Posted by bompa View Post
    Dove weed. Need two apps of Celsius. Dove weed dies on its own when night time temps start dropping in September. Usually by then the damage is done. Spray it early
    Thanks for the ID. I’ll treat it just like my other Celsius apps then.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsigmon View Post
    MSMA kills damn near everything in Bermuda, as suggested earlier, use a surfactant.
    Thanks for this suggestion also. I’ll check into this product as well. Sounds like between it and Celsius, I can cover everything. I’ll educate myself on it.

I had that in my yard along with Virginia Buttonweed. I'm pretty sure the Celsius got it too.

Parmetto P ride will tell you exactly what is the best route to take.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 07-10-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I had that in my yard along with Virginia Buttonweed. I'm pretty sure the Celsius hot it too.

Parmetto P ride will tell you exactly what is the best route to take.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    You put me on the Celsius so I will take your word for it. I didn’t have it the last two years which is why I wanted to ask before wasting time and money spraying it, crossing my fingers as two weeks went by. When I first saw it I thought it was immature button weed, but as I let it go, it grew differently. This year hasn’t been to bad with the button weed, the lawn guy I buy everything from said it would take two years to real knock it out of the cycle.

This dove weed Shit looks just as persistent.
    Last edited by TJ_11; 07-10-2020 at 08:35 PM.

I will update after my two applications, which I assume it will take to hammer it back just as it did the buttonweed.

For now I'm going to continue to use the Celsius and apply to the dove weed now that its been identified. Im going to use the Image instead of the sedgehammer for the summer application for sedges.

Once I get low on Celsius or find the need sooner, ill pick up some MSM or Blindside. Upon researching earlier, Blindside seems like the "new" Celsius that also controls nutsedge too. Different make up but same great features of handling these tougher weeds and are able to apply in hotter temps.
    https://www.domyown.com/msds/Blindside-QR.pdf

This link compared Blindside, MSM and Celsius.
    http://www.fmcprosolutions.com/LinkC...4917&mid=10920

Are Celsius and msm not different target chemicals. I have always seen the 2 used together .

That stuff (the weed) sucks.

I started battling with it last year and have it beat back pretty good but it wants to cone back.
    I cant remember what I used. Areas that were just that I hit with round up. Then switched back and forth between image and spectracide. Also hit it with something a landscaping friend had in a sprayer one day when he stopped by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk