Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: School district decisions.....

Mine is 26 years in, trying to get to 30. She's been talking the past several years about what she's going to do next.

She'll keep working, but it won't be teaching.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Most superintendents that I've met are goofy acting virgins.

They probably didn’t expect internal folks to be sharing emails on the internet with the general public. That’ll get you fired where I work. As for operational plans, you gotta start somewhere, it can change along the way and I figure building out a lesson plan for a hybrid schedule to a full week schedule is better than having no plan at all. My daughter is a teacher and I’ve heard the concerns there too. A full normal schedule is the way to go imo.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Most of the plans are pretty bad. They'll end up putting a lot of strain on parents. The best "compromise" plan I've seen is from NC schools. They are planning to have 5K - 7th grade go to school full time while 8th-12th go virtual. The thought is that 8-12 kids are old enough to stay home by themselves and by them not being in school the younger ones can spread out a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    Not surprised... Funny thing is that the Chamber of Commerce had two big events at the farmers market in the last week or two, hardly a mask in sight and definitely no social distancing. Now a lot of those same people are cheering on the new ordinance. Dumb. Was happy to see that the mayor and one councilman voted nay.

The one thing that is frustrating to see all the people on social media that are saying they are going to boycott Uptown businesses because of something the .gov is forcing them to do.
    I was happy with the mayor as well.

Hate to see a business potentially suffer but if they get hit where it hurst and start complaining enough maybe it’ll get overturned
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    They probably didn’t expect internal folks to be sharing emails on the internet with the general public. That’ll get you fired where I work. As for operational plans, you gotta start somewhere, it can change along the way and I figure building out a lesson plan for a hybrid schedule to a full week schedule is better than having no plan at all. My daughter is a teacher and I’ve heard the concerns there too. A full normal schedule is the way to go imo.
    I didn't share a damn thing that was internal only, the email the teachers received said that the info would be shared with the general public, and it was just a couple of hours ago.

My original statement stands, if you're gonna do a survey and actually take the results into account that's fine, but don't do it just to say you did it, so people felt like they had a say in the matter. If you're gonna make a decision without giving a damn what the people it affects the most think about it, then have the balls to do it, and own it. Don't send me some BS "survey" and pretend like you give a shit about what it tells you.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

My seven year old is at pinewood prep in Summerville. They are planning on moving forward with full time classroom learning, despite what Dorchester county does. This email was sent out in early June. Right around the time for renewals were due. Coincidence?
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

I have 6 employees out of 20 who have elementary age kids. Sumter School District was the first to announce they will be 100% virtual to begin with. That means almost 1/3 of my staff will be at home with the kids playing teacher. Unreal.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Ridge Runner View Post
    I have 6 employees out of 20 who have elementary age kids. Sumter School District was the first to announce they will be 100% virtual to begin with. That means almost 1/3 of my staff will be at home with the kids playing teacher. Unreal.
    I bet they all go virtual the first 9 weeks.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Several SCISA schools can't afford not to open up, they took huge hits shutting down already.

We’re going to have an entire generation that’s even lazier and dumber than the young people now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Well good luck with your internet rant feet. Thanks for sharing.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Ex-wife is a teacher @ Lex 1 school. Said it looks 2 days a week will be the call.

Quote Originally Posted by TreyMo View Post
    Several SCISA schools can't afford not to open up, they took huge hits shutting down already.
    I’m well aware. I don’t mind paying as long as he goes to school e eryday and me and his mother do t have to “teach” him ourselves. His teacher went above and beyond during last school year doing the remote teaching, but I did it want to pay 11k this year to do it again.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Well good luck with your internet rant feet. Thanks for sharing.

My Man
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Edgefield just now conducting surveys?

I walked into a teacher hornets nest yesterday after work. Wife had several over for cocktails. It was interesting to sit back and listen. I heard several valid points from all sides (administrators, teachers, and non-school related parents). But still did not hear any solutions.

I feel much like the FL governor said, if walmarts & fast food area essential, then education certainly is.... Education of our children is a must. Last years home schooling crap was crap and my wife teaches. Now Beaufort County will probably screw this up, but they are working on a plan to get the kids back in the classrooms. The biggest factor is how they will mitigate once someone (teacher, student or custodian) come to school and pop positive...
    I feel you pain. Laurens is still not 100% sure, but the teachers are ready to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Mine is 26 years in, trying to get to 30. She's been talking the past several years about what she's going to do next.

She'll keep working, but it won't be teaching.
    Mines at 24, I teach at a Tech School in Greenwood.... I wish it was time for me to retire. I have too many years to walk away. I split time between State and PORS, so that was a mistake.

Steve

I say make every parent enroll their kids again for the 20/21 school year. Your choices are business as usual or e-learning your call.

Quote Originally Posted by HTFireMedic View Post
    I feel you pain. Laurens is still not 100% sure, but the teachers are ready to go back.

We are in the same boat waiting to see with Lauren. Daughter is teacher in Lexington so we know a little from both angles. Regular schedule is the way to go IMO. Btw, we just got results back from Knucks covid test and it’s positive. Came down with fever Tuesday night, sick all day Wednesday but mostly feeling normal now. We are hunkering down for a couple weeks I guess.

Good luck with you period tater.