Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: School district decisions.....

Fort Mill is offering on-line or rotating between classroom and e-learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorchester 2 has sealed our decision tonight to homeschool our children.

DD2 will likely start as an online program; a teacher teaches 2 days online and then the parent homeschools/online video for 2 days and then on Friday they reconvene for another hour and more homeschool/videos. Then they will progress to a hybrid system; the class room sizes will be cut in half. Half the students will go to school M and T, the other half will go W and Th and again, the hour online on Fridays. In this hybrid system the parent will homeschool/online videos they days at home. Then hopefully by next Spring they are in the classroom full time. In all scenarios, DD2 will require face mask of anyone on campus...including children and students. There will be no books and very little sharing of any supplies. Library and Playground will be closed. I have zero confidence the district will be able to pull this cluster off. Switching between models will not go well. I truly feel sorry for the children who's parents don't give a shit or are not able to be there to help the kids. I thank God we have the ability to pull ourselves out of this mess and enroll our kids in a good curriculum. I'm honestly looking forward to our new way of life.
    Last edited by reeltight; 07-20-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Knuck got over the covid in 48 hours. Wife picked it up afterward and had fever for 48 hours and felt like crap for a couple more days. Back to normal now. I didn't get it as far as I know. Went and got tested today after mandatory waiting period so I can return to work. Thanks for all the concern. Still inclined to say they need to go back to a regular schedule, even more inclined now.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 07-20-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

If they think 1st graders are going to be wearing masks the entire day, I’d love for them to spend 30 mins with my children. What a clusterfuck.
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

How about gov. Mcdumbass allocating 32 million dollars to the “public” to attend private schools ?
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    How about gov. Mcdumbass allocating 32 million dollars to the “public” to attend private schools ?
    I think this is him telling the public school system to shove it if they aren’t going to go back full time.

☝��This man knows!

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    I think this is him telling the public school system to shove it if they aren’t going to go back full time.
    That's it....

Money won't even be 50% utilized... 6500 is not a drop in the bucket at most private schools. If folks are in the sub 300% poverty level, they don't have an extra $20 a month for school much less an extra hundred or two.

McMaster is termed out...Spearman is up for reelection. That should tell everybody all they need to know about the story...

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    That’s how I perceived the grant. It’s only open to the first 2500 people who qualify and is on a first come, first serve basis.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    If they think 1st graders are going to be wearing masks the entire day, I’d love for them to spend 30 mins with my children. What a clusterfuck.
    FWIW, my daughter worked at a school camp of 3 and 4 yr olds for the last month. the kids were made to wear masks. my 14yr old daughter was able to keep all her kids in line.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

https://babylonbee.com/news/not-sati...-winter-spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

FWIW, my daughter worked at a school camp of 3 and 4 yr olds for the last month. the kids were made to wear masks. my 14yr old daughter was able to keep all her kids in line.
    Nice anecdotal evidence.

Link?

Wife is a teacher. Her district is going to hybrid ( mon/wed or tue/th) fri online or 5 week online. She just told me they are not teaching science or social studies. Better enroll in k12 or some other online school

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nice anecdotal evidence.

Link?
    hush
    no one else knows what that words means anyway
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Dumb question here.

My wife owns a preschool with 25 kids attending ranging in ages from newborn to 4 yrs old and she has yet to be forced to close the doors. DSS has even asked her if she would be willing to accept over her allowed number during the "crisis". There's no "social distancing", no mandatory temp checks or no mandatory wearing of masks.

What is the difference between her keeping 25 kids in her building and kids going to school? Obviously if a kid or parent gets the corona, they would be made to stay home but why not apply those same principles to the school? Can they not trust that if little Johnny or one of his parents gets the corona that they will take it upon themselves to stay at home? My thought is, you'll have the same kids and teachers each day coming to the same school. Take the appropriate measures to make sure they're not sick and let them go to school. If you have to regularly check their temps to ensure they're not sick, so be it.

Her student’s parents are paying to go to her school. Free public parents are bitching about safety and want to sue and raise hell.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    Dumb question here.

My wife owns a preschool with 25 kids attending ranging in ages from newborn to 4 yrs old and she has yet to be forced to close the doors. DSS has even asked her if she would be willing to accept over her allowed number during the "crisis". There's no "social distancing", no mandatory temp checks or no mandatory wearing of masks.

What is the difference between her keeping 25 kids in her building and kids going to school? Obviously if a kid or parent gets the corona, they would be made to stay home but why not apply those same principles to the school? Can they not trust that if little Johnny or one of his parents gets the corona that they will take it upon themselves to stay at home? My thought is, you'll have the same kids and teachers each day coming to the same school. Take the appropriate measures to make sure they're not sick and let them go to school. If you have to regularly check their temps to ensure they're not sick, so be it.
    Govt doesn't care if your wife gets sued. Just like the Guvna doesn't care if private schools get sued. But by God we can't let those govt schools get popped.

It's about minimizing losses & that ain't losses of life.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 07-21-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Nobody I know except a few single parents, maybe, are going to qualify for that grant anyway. AGI of less than $78,600 to qualify? GTF outta here with that. Ole Foghorn surprised me last week with his "send em back full time" speech, but he's back to being the same ole back stabbing dumbfuck he's been his entire life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Facts will not be tolerated in here! Come on man you know better...