Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: School district decisions.....

Default School district decisions.....

Post them here as you get them. Edgefield County is caving.....

The parents were sent a survey yesterday at 3:00, choices being...

1. Normal reopening
    2. Hybrid reopening (2 days a week)
    3. Online only
    4. My child won't be attending EC schools this year

Then they sent the teachers an email at 5:12 saying they were opening as scheduled in August on a hybrid model. (2 days a week)

Really? Did nobody realize the timing of those 2 emails would piss people off? Why send me a survey if you've already caved and decided on a hybrid schedule? I was born at night, but it wasn't last night. I'm less than impressed with the new superintendent......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Bitchassness is rampant in 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edgefield just now conducting surveys?

I walked into a teacher hornets nest yesterday after work. Wife had several over for cocktails. It was interesting to sit back and listen. I heard several valid points from all sides (administrators, teachers, and non-school related parents). But still did not hear any solutions.

I feel much like the FL governor said, if walmarts & fast food area essential, then education certainly is.... Education of our children is a must. Last years home schooling crap was crap and my wife teaches. Now Beaufort County will probably screw this up, but they are working on a plan to get the kids back in the classrooms. The biggest factor is how they will mitigate once someone (teacher, student or custodian) come to school and pop positive...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Believe it or not, I think Greenwood 50's plans are actually decent. Here is what the newspaper said the current proposal is from the school board and district office:

School WILL start August 18. Kids will have the option of in class or online (they have district issued chromebooks) but if they choose online option they have to have access to good internet.

So long as SCDHEC's rating of the virus spread in Greenwood is in the low or medium category (Some metric that takes into account percent positives, new cases and cases per 100k. I think...) things will function normally for those who chose in class learning

If the transmission hits the 'high' threshold they will switch to two 'cohorts' of students who will go on a two week in class, two week online rotation until it goes back below the high threshold. The cohorts will be grouped by address, not school or grade so that if there are multiple children in a household attending various schools, they will either all be in school or all be at home.

Now, all of this crap is a giant mess but I actually think they have a decent plan (For Schooling) now how that two week on, two week off worst case scenario plays out for working parents is a different story. I guess we will see...
    Last edited by dubs; 07-10-2020 at 08:09 AM.
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    Believe it or not, I think Greenwood 50's plans are actually decent. Here is what the newspaper said the current proposal is from the school board and district office:

School WILL start August 18. Kids will have the option of in class or online (they have district issued chromebooks) but if they choose online option they have to have access to good internet.

So long as SCDHEC's rating of the virus spread in Greenwood is in the low or medium category (Some metric that takes into account percent positives, new cases and cases per 100k. I think...) things will function normally for those who chose in class learning

If the transmission hits the 'high' threshold they will switch to two 'cohorts' of students who will go on a two week in class, two week online rotation until it goes back below the high threshold. The cohorts will be grouped by address, not school or grade so that if there are multiple children in a household attending various schools, they will either all be in school or all be at home.

Now, all of this crap is a giant mess but I actually think they have a decent plan (For Schooling) now how that two week on, two week off worst case scenario plays out for working parents is a different story. I guess we will see...
    What did you think of the mask ordinance yesterday?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Edgefield just now conducting surveys?

I walked into a teacher hornets nest yesterday after work. Wife had several over for cocktails. It was interesting to sit back and listen. I heard several valid points from all sides (administrators, teachers, and non-school related parents). But still did not hear any solutions.

I feel much like the FL governor said, if walmarts & fast food area essential, then education certainly is.... Education of our children is a must. Last years home schooling crap was crap and my wife teaches. Now Beaufort County will probably screw this up, but they are working on a plan to get the kids back in the classrooms. The biggest factor is how they will mitigate once someone (teacher, student or custodian) come to school and pop positive...
    Yeah, brilliant right? Like I said, less than impressed. The biggest excuse they're throwing out is the social distance situation on the buses. Yeah, I don't give AF about that, my kids don't ride a damn bus, so that shouldn't affect MY kids. It's like they've got a problem for every solution.....
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    What did you think of the mask ordinance yesterday?
    Not surprised... Funny thing is that the Chamber of Commerce had two big events at the farmers market in the last week or two, hardly a mask in sight and definitely no social distancing. Now a lot of those same people are cheering on the new ordinance. Dumb. Was happy to see that the mayor and one councilman voted nay.

The one thing that is frustrating to see all the people on social media that are saying they are going to boycott Uptown businesses because of something the .gov is forcing them to do.
    Formerly DM88

Covid? No white teachers or admins are going to be able to hold any black kid accountable for anything in the SC public school system. No white kid will be allowed to retaliate for 6 black kids beating him down and kicking him in the head. Nor will they be held accountable. That shit is all over boys. The sooner you realize it and start making plans to educate your kids, the better off they will be. Handing them over the the SC government 5 days a week? Sheeeeit...

one that made me laugh last night was a teacher friend was with the principle and some district employees reviewing some of the ideas and trying to demonstrate how it might look.

So they marked off a spot with painters tape every 6ft in order to see how many students they could hold in an average classroom and to see what it would look like. The teacher friend said she chimed in about halfway through the exercise and asked them if they really thought that they could get 20-25 second graders to remain in that area for an extended period of time....

Social distancing will not work in a school setting and be effective.

What always gets my me is how much extra my wife does. She puts a lot on herself that's not required. Many teachers do this. Only question i had was if the teachers are going to also be responsible for all the extra cleaning that is going to be involved. That question has been asked. Apparently they will have extra custodian folks with more cleaning duties. Another teacher chimed in and said, like they do a good job as is....

I guess we will see...

Kids have to get back in school. We will have a generation of dumber kids than the ones running around burning and protesting right now if not...
    Last edited by fro; 07-10-2020 at 08:28 AM.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

My Little boy goes to Private School (holly hill Academy) and I saw where they are going to do Virtual learning on Mondays and regular school the rest of the week. My Wife just took a new job in Dorchester county and I haven't heard what the plan is there yet but her new job is out of the classroom so we will see how it shakes out. I know Im ready for her to go back, shes wearing my ass out with yard work and house projects and finds new ones daily.............

My wife is also a teacher and we were talking about all of this last night.

At the end of the day, as I said early on, this is all about fear of litigation. Everybody's afraid of getting sued or this would all be over by now.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

going to school full time as normal was not even an options for Dorchester County

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    My wife is also a teacher and we were talking about all of this last night.

At the end of the day, as I said early on, this is all about fear of litigation. Everybody's afraid of getting sued or this would all be over by now.
    And that's where fed govt should intervene and block any litigation. But no way in hell they'd ever do that.

They are all lawyers.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

My wife was a school teacher.

She is no longer a school teacher.

Decision made.

I'm tired of the bullshit and certainly don't need the laughable paycheck.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    going to school full time as normal was not even an options for Dorchester County
    Yes it is. And it would be funny if it wasn't so sad. You should see the money I'm spending to make the schools socially safe. And if their virtual plan is anything like last year's was, you don't want anything other than back full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    My Little boy goes to Private School (holly hill Academy) and I saw where they are going to do Virtual learning on Mondays and regular school the rest of the week. My Wife just took a new job in Dorchester county and I haven't heard what the plan is there yet but her new job is out of the classroom so we will see how it shakes out. I know Im ready for her to go back, shes wearing my ass out with yard work and house projects and finds new ones daily.............
    My girls are at PHA..... Haven't heard the full plan yet but we're going back to school, whatever that looks like!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    My wife was a school teacher.

She is no longer a school teacher.

Decision made.

I'm tired of the bullshit and certainly don't need the laughable paycheck.

Smart decision. Mine is too close to the end to quit now, even though I've told her she could do so whenever she decided she's had enough. I was over it years ago.

Edgefield County has a little Napoleon complex shit as Superintendent. Hell, he came from Aiken County. Very unimpressed with Edgefield County. I am nestled down here between North Augustians and gypsies.

I saw a damn good 5 minute video last night about this whole Covid thing. TB killed 1.5 million world wide last year, but where was the TB pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    TB killed 1.5 million world wide last year, but where was the TB pandemic?
    Hell, don't give em anymore ideas.