Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buh Bye Corona

Default Buh Bye Corona

Supremes just allowed NY attorneys to look at Trump's taxes.

If only we had a government agency that reviews tax returns....and that being the same government that used it's power to spy on a candidate running for office...

I would be surprised if Trump's financial records will be anything to sway a single voter. If they even get to them before the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I would be surprised if Trump's financial records will be anything to sway a single voter. If they even get to them before the election.
    Saw something on is 2017 return... Said he paid over 30,000,000 in taxes that year ..
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Nothing will happen before the election.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Supreme Court decision allows a grand jury to see his tax records.
    In a seperate case also decided today, the Suprem Court rejected the demonrats and the House of Representatives request for his tax records.

They will leak but not before Nov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could see why a grand jury would be allowed to see his tax records provided that he is under investigation for a criminal offense. This would be part of the process of determining if an offense he committed was indictable. As of yet I haven't heard of a criminal prosecution of Trump so it seems to me that they have no right, at this point, to view his tax records. The demonrats and the House on the other hand can go piss up a rope. At least a grand jury is SUPPOSED to be bound to secrecy.

Gotta do something, schools are still out.

Is not paying taxes a criminal offense?

Asking for Al Sharpton.

asking for a friend?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Just imagine trying to even figure out what are 'his' tax returns.

I suspect the reason for his trying to hide his returns are that 1) he does not have the income or assets he wants you to believe, 2) he does some real accounting gymnastics to avoid paying much taxes compared to the average person, or 3) he's outright committing tax fraud. Those are my guesses, probably in that order, but possible a culmination of all three.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    I suspect the reason for his trying to hide his returns are that 1) he does not have the income or assets he wants you to believe, 2) he does some real accounting gymnastics to avoid paying much taxes compared to the average person, or 3) he's outright committing tax fraud. Those are my guesses, probably in that order, but possible a culmination of all three.
    And yet he still pays more in taxes per year than most in their lifetime.

Fairly certain he's not a tax cheat. Probably like most of us and doesn't want his personal financial dealings under public scrutiny.

Most other politicians have groomed their taxes leading up to the presidential run. Trump just jumped in with little preparation leading up to his run.

I feel certain he has paid more taxes than Biden, not that it matters.
    I feel certain that he has created more jobs prior to becoming President than Biden, not that it matters.
    I feel certain that this will be the cause of great celebration for my liberal friends, not that it matters.
    I feel certain that none of those said friends will mention the beauty of the objectivity that Republican appointees on the bench showed, not that it matters. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

With as much disdain as Trump has for the rule of law, there is no way he is NOT a tax cheat.
    DILLIGAF

i feel certain he cheated on his taxes but i dont think your average reporter will be able to ascertain that looking at his returns.

and they wont see his returns till next year. lawyers will drag this along so it wont matter.

the ruling only let the NY supreme court look. it will be interesting to see how long it takes for a leak to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    With as much disdain as Trump has for the rule of law, there is no way he is NOT a tax cheat.
    EVERYONE cheats on their taxes if the IRS cared to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I feel certain he has paid more taxes than Biden, not that it matters.
    I feel certain that he has created more jobs prior to becoming President than Biden, not that it matters.
    I feel certain that this will be the cause of great celebration for my liberal friends, not that it matters.
    I feel certain that none of those said friends will mention the beauty of the objectivity that Republican appointees on the bench showed, not that it matters. MG
    i'm surprised you have liberal friends