Thread: Suzuki Outdoor

Default Suzuki Outdoor

Looking at a pontoon that’s powered with a 4stroke 150 suzuki. I don’t know shit about Suzuki’s and if they are reliable motors. Also, the motor has roughly 1500 hours. It’s a 2017. Any insight about this?

I know it belonged to a boat club and they change out boats every 3 years. Just not trying to drop a lot of coins on junk.

Zukes are good engines.

But that’s some serious booze cruisin at 1500 hours.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I requested a compression test, said it’d be $100. Why the hell would you charge someone that’s buying a buy from you to do a damn test that you could use to potentially make a sale.

Got right at 4,000/Hrs on my E-tech. Maintained right it should not be a problem but it's a Zukie
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Only 3 years old, any warranty? Honda's and Suzuki's don't scare me. Incredibly dependable motors.

1500 hours is a bunch in 3 years... were the boat club members told to never turn off the motor? LOL
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

No warranty. I’m assuming because it was rental is why no warranty.

Really would like something to get the kids off the damn Fortnite, tablets and put them on the water. Probably go check it out better this weekend.

As an owner of older suzukis (johnsons) with around 1200hrs Suzuki wouldnt scare me. Those number of hours on that age boat run by people that didnt own it would scare me a little more. If the sellers are capable of doing a compression test they should have already done it to help with sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they’re trying to charge you to do a compression test either walk away or hire your own mechanic to do the test, drop the lower and inspect the exhaust, water pump and a full on comprehensive engine inspection. I’d also get a full survey done on a club boat like that.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    If they’re trying to charge you to do a compression test either walk away or hire your own mechanic to do the test, drop the lower and inspect the exhaust, water pump and a full on comprehensive engine inspection. I’d also get a full survey done on a club boat like that.
    The club is called Freedom boat club, the place that has it is called Grand Strand Boat sales in Little River.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    The club is called Freedom boat club, the place that has it is called Grand Strand Boat sales in Little River.
    Freedom is one of those national boat clubs. Those boats aren’t treated any better than rental boats around here. That thing’s probably had more river mud and sand sucked up into it than a dredge. Caveat Emptor.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Freedom is one of those national boat clubs. Those boats aren’t treated any better than rental boats around here. That thing’s probably had more river mud and sand sucked up into it than a dredge. Caveat Emptor.
    Understood.

Those boat club motors get hell put on them, I would steer clear.