Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Running in the summer heat

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    This heat is a bitch but thanks to mustard packets I no longer give a fuck about nothin
    Mustard packets my ass. Errybody knows you’re an energy pill junkie. The bits of foam constantly running out the corners of your mouth is a dead giveaway.
    Last edited by SCSwitchback; 07-10-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    I know hyponatremia is real, but how often does it occur in this country?
    In the average population it is rare, in military and ultraendurance athletes we see it. The reason it is such a huge deal is that if you treat them like a heat injury you will make them worse.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 07-11-2020 at 05:48 AM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

I run in Summerville and hate the heat and humidity. Ran five miles in TR today, weather was perfect but damn the hills. We just don’t have those in Summerville.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I run in Summerville and hate the heat and humidity. Ran five miles in TR today, weather was perfect but damn the hills. We just don’t have those in Summerville.
    Doesnt take much of a hill for me to notice the incline! I run in columbia sometimes when traveling and the first thing that I think of is hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    In the average population it is rare, in military and ultraendurance athletes we see it. The reason it is such a huge deal is that if you treat them like a heat injury you will make them worse.
    Preach

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Doesnt take much of a hill for me to notice the incline! I run in columbia sometimes when traveling and the first thing that I think of is hills.

Yeah, when I lived in Columbia, I regularly would run about 5 miles. Went to the beach for a week and felt like I could run forever. Went from one end of Pawleys and back, like it was nothing.
    Last edited by wskinner; 07-11-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    Mustard packets my ass. Errybody knows you’re an energy pill junkie. The bits of foam constantly running out the corners of your mouth is a dead giveaway.
    Makes my smile whiter