Thread: Creek access on Pawleys 7-10–7-17-2020

Default Creek access on Pawleys 7-10–7-17-2020

Staying on pawley’s island July 10-17. We’re on the beach and I’m hoping somebody has a dock or pier on the creek I can throw a couple of crab traps off of. Perfectly happy to bring you a case of beer in exchange for some creek access to catch a few crabs. Willing to consider other reasonable trades if you don’t drink. Let me know.

Go to one of the ramps at low tide and wade them out. Wait until the next low tide and retrieve them.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Go to one of the ramps at low tide and wade them out. Wait until the next low tide and retrieve them.

Isn’t there access at the south side of the inlet? Or is that gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    What a grand idea....screw with boaters. I’ve have to remove crab traps from my prop with side cutters several times. Fun times.

For what its worth, I paddled a couple of traps out past the breakers at Pawleys one time with a kayak, and caught a bunch of crabs. They were 50/50 blues and calico crabs. The calicos were morphologically similar to the blues except that the shell spines were really pointy and sharp. They ate just fine.

Thinking back on it, they weren't calico crabs. They were speckled swimming crabs.

Got a PM within a few minutes that I’m replying to in the morning. If it doesn’t pan out I’ll follow up. Eighteen years on SC Ducks and there’s always good stuff coming thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    What a grand idea....screw with boaters. I’ve have to remove crab traps from my prop with side cutters several times. Fun times.
    Well, if you throw one off most of the docks, you’re in the channel. If you paddle or wade them toward the marsh and some dumbass in a boat goes over there, chances are good you’ll watch him ground. Pawleys isn’t real navigable at low to mid tide in much more than a kayak, paddle board or canoe in many places.

MG if you don’t find a place or it falls through, let me know. I can get you access on the south end on both sides of the creek. The place on the mainland side they won’t get robbed or stolen, you’d just have to drive a little further.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Did you not see the crab buoys?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    Got a PM within a few minutes that I’m replying to in the morning. If it doesn’t pan out I’ll follow up. Eighteen years on SC Ducks and there’s always good stuff coming thanks guys.
    Sixteen John. You signed on in 2004. And to be exact, 1 month short of 16.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Sixteen John. You signed on in 2004. And to be exact, 1 month short of 16.
    Old age creeps up on you and you don't even know it/ LMIKNUJHYQA
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"