Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learn me on brown top millet for Doves

Dove proso is much better than brown top

When y'all broadcast the sunflowers, are you broadcasting petrovicks? And at what rate?

Quote Originally Posted by LB1 View Post
    When y'all broadcast the sunflowers, are you broadcasting petrovicks? And at what rate?
    I used Peredoviks the 3 years I planted a field. No clue on broadcast rate, I made it up as I went and it was more of a 'feel' type of thing. I had a 500lb 3pt spreader on my tractor. It definitely wasn't perfect, but it worked.

depends on your dirt and timing.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I used Peredoviks the 3 years I planted a field. No clue on broadcast rate, I made it up as I went and it was more of a 'feel' type of thing. I had a 500lb 3pt spreader on my tractor. It definitely wasn't perfect, but it worked.
    Same here. This is our second year doing the broadcasting. I don't even know how much we put out this year. I was on the tractor disking and my stepdad was running the spreader. I know he has it wrote down though.

We also put in proso millet this year. Last year we did brown-top and sorghum.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Not sure there is much easier grown than weeds, but field is coming in nicely.

Last edited by gamecock1974; 07-15-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Do yourself a favor and sit by one of those dead trees
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock1974 View Post
    Not sure there is much easier grown than weeds, but field is coming in nicely.
    Next year, if you want to grow anything else, the millet will indeed be weeds. My definition of a weed is any plant growing where you don't want it. That's one of the things I don't like about planting millet. It takes three years to kill the volunteers.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 07-16-2020 at 06:46 PM.