Thread: Trailer bunks

Default Trailer bunks

I need to redo my trailer bunks and was toying with the idea with going with the glide on covers. Anybody else use them? Just don’t know if it’s worth trying to do instead of carpet. Trailer is for my 16 ft havoc.

Being lighter and aluminum you can use about anything.

I use carpet and spray liquid rollers or food grade silicon spray on them periodically.

I just redid mine with firehose
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Have the plastic bunk covers over wood on my havoc trailer, slick and no problems so far.

I prefer carpet. I put some of those slick plastic things on my trailer a few years ago. Unloading is easy, but loading on a steep ramp is a two person job.... you drive the boat up to the front winch stand, let off the gas, and the damn thing slides back down in the water. On certain ramps, I would have to leave the motor in gear pushing the boat up to the winch post and walk to the front to attach it.

I have them on one of mine, no problems so far.

This post motivated me to go ahead and get some bunk slides. My boat has a very flat bottom and wants to stick to the bunks, especially since the carpet is worn way down. These are the ones I ordered. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I'll post my opinion of them in a couple weeks after I receive and install them.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    This post motivated me to go ahead and get some bunk slides. My boat has a very flat bottom and wants to stick to the bunks, especially since the carpet is worn way down. These are the ones I ordered. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I'll post my opinion of them in a couple weeks after I receive and install them.
    I have these or a similar version on a trailer with a 1910 AC and they work like a charm. I am fixing to get another set for the 25' boat.

Instead of slicks use liquid rollers, way less expensive and less wear on the hull if fiberglass. I can get the boat on/off without getting the hubs wet after a fresh coat.