Thread: Upstate Rifle Ranges

Default Upstate Rifle Ranges

Are there any public rifle ranges in the Upstate area that have longer than 100 yard bays? I’ve got ‘new’ scopes on all my hunting rifles and uppers and would like to stretch them out to at least 300, if possible.

I was going to get out to the Belton gun club, but my neighbor host died this past February (not CV19). Elberton GC (GA) used to allow access to their 400 yd range to the public, but it’s apparently restricted now.

Are the choices limited to Pickens and (maybe?) Clinton House? I know nothing about either one.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Spartanburg goes to 200. It’s a dnr range, Thompson I think is the name.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Clinton House goes out that far.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Are there any public rifle ranges in the Upstate area that have longer than 100 yard bays? I’ve got ‘new’ scopes on all my hunting rifles and uppers and would like to stretch them out to at least 300, if possible.

I was going to get out to the Belton gun club, but my neighbor host died this past February (not CV19). Elberton GC (GA) used to allow access to their 400 yd range to the public, but it’s apparently restricted now.
    Are the choices limited to Pickens and (maybe?) Clinton House? I know nothing about either one.
    If you can’t find somewhere we can ride down to my place in Lowdnesville. We have quite a few places to shoot out that far. Heck i have one you can go out to probably 500 or so. Give me a few weeks to get back from the beach and knock some work out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Spartanburg goes to 200. It’s a dnr range, Thompson I think is the name.
    I'm going there in the morning, wed. I've been told you can go longer but you need your own backstop. I'll see if I can get details.

Clinton House has a 300 bay. You have to be a member to access the 1000 range.

Thanks for the info, Jozie & Me and Red Huck. I appreciate it.

Adam, I may well take you up on that. Thanks for the offer! (Should I bring my collection of drivers along for you to choose from?)

The crazy thing is that I hunt just across the creek out back on the neighbor's land and have a 500 yd shot up the sewer line easement into one of his pasture flats along the creek. The problem is that while he doesn't mind me hunting it, he doesn't want me to use it as a shooting range. His land, his rules, so be it.

Tha Dick, it sounds like it would be worth my time to take a trip down to the Clinton House. I guess I'd better call them for details. If I can get my rifles set up at 300 yds, then I'd only have a couple to take out with Adam to stretch out to 400-500, just as a test. It would be fun to shoot at 1000 yds, but I'm not set up for that. Thanks for the info.
    ~ George Washington

If you wanted to stretch it out on the 1000 just let me know and I can take you as a guest for $25.

Thanks, TD. I’ll keep that in mind and appreciate it.
    ~ George Washington