Thread: Minn Kota’s new Power Pole

Default Minn Kota’s new Power Pole

Id love a pair

I’ll stick with the Original, power pole’s customer service is fantastic.

I got the talons simply because I didn't really have room nor did I want to mount hydraulic pumps in my bilge area. I was wondering why minn kota hasn't come out with a "like" product before now.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Patents.
    They just ran up. I was just standing in the driveway talking to my neighbor who is Yamaha outboard mechanic.
    Another neighbor recently purchased a talon against his advice and he told me tonight minn kota just released a powerpole look alike.

He said he has had several experiences with Talons failing and blowing a large springs out of the top of the unit with large amounts of force and for whatever reason he is not a fan of the Talons in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power poles have a life time warranty. Had a computer board go out it in one it was 4 years old. Call and they sent a new one board. No charge and also had a spike for the little boat handle pull off call they sent a new handle and glue no charge.

Look at the inside of a Talon and its operating mechanism. Who thought that was a good idea?

The hydraulic pump is what has been my excuse for not getting one. My only access to the bilge is an 8x12" hatch right in front of the engine. It will make you invent new cuss words to work on anything in the already crowded bilge.

I'd really like one though. For my style of fishing, it would really come in handy fishing solo on a flats boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    The hydraulic pump is what has been my excuse for not getting one. My only access to the bilge is an 8x12" hatch right in front of the engine. It will make you invent new cuss words to work on anything in the already crowded bilge.

I'd really like one though. For my style of fishing, it would really come in handy fishing solo on a flats boat.
    Not sure what you are mounting it on but could you not put the pump in the console (or where you have room) and run the tubing along the steering cables to the back?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Not sure what you are mounting it on but could you not put the pump in the console (or where you have room) and run the tubing along the steering cables to the back?
    There are three batteries in the console and no room for anything else. There's barely room for a small fire extinguisher and flares. I even decided not to install an onboard charger due to lack of space. Running anything under the deck is out of the question. I recently had to get the deck cut and reglassed to replace the gas tank. This is a 16' flats boat with a small console. It has one 5" diameter hole into the deck under the console where the cables run and the 8x12" at the rear, that's it.

I've seen folks install the hydraulic pump in the back storage hatch but I hate to give up the space and drill the compartment. I've had the boat a long time and have gotten by without a powerpole. I wish there was a decent self contained model that was quiet and that didn't require a separate pump mounted somewhere.

Power pole micro is self contained and would work on 16ft boat.

Can always just stake out with the push pole

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Power pole micro is self contained and would work on 16ft boat.

Can always just stake out with the push pole
    I do stake it with the pole but the typical situation is poling along and suddenly realizing that I'm about to plow into a school of a hundred spottails. I have to stop the boat, plant the pole, tie it off, jump off the platform and grab my rod and run to the front of the boat and try to make a cast, all without making any extra boat wake from running around. Whoever invented the Powerpole knew my dilemma.