Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tier 1 vs Tier 2 boats.

Fished a 34 Yellowfin a few weeks ago and was very under impressed. Always heard great things, but it was without a doubt the wettest boat I've ever fished.

Would strongly look at Regulators, spent a lot of time on a 26 FS and would've rather been in that than the 34 Yellowfin the day I fished it.

Also, fished the pink Freeman this year, that's a sweet ride.

for real? i saw that boat near IOP last weekend. it was ugly. but i dont have freeman money so I shouldnt comment....

now, the teal blue one on morgan creek was cleaning some small dolphin saturday.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Somebody launched a gray/black Freeman from the Sullivans Island ramp earlier this week for a family joy ride. They headed toward IOP.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    If these are the issues you are experiencing you will be money ahead correctly fixing them on your current boat. Also many of these are not “boat” related but systems related.
    Yeah I know, the honeymoons over. I have no boat or motor complaints.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so, who owns the pink/peach freeman?
    they can catch em!
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

My understanding is it's a father with all daughters. Freeman asked if he wanted a wrap, and he went full commit on the pink with the gelcoat..... Saw him coming across the harbor Friday afternoon when we were coming in.

https://www.instagram.com/outnumbered_pink/

No doubt Freeman is the top of the food chain. You’re going to wait 3 years for it too unless you find a used one with 1500hrs on the engines and a brand new price on the tag. Then you have to learn to drive and trailer a cat boat. All doable if you’ve got time and money.

Mono-hull for our waters it’d be Southport or Regulator for my money. The Regulator has a deeper V than the SP but doesn’t ride any better and isn’t as dry. The 292/30 and 33’ Southport are the driest monohull boats I’ve ever been on. Grady isn’t in the same class as those two, solid rides for sure but the lines and layout don’t do it for me. They (SP & Reg) aren’t 60mph boats though but will plane at 17-20knt and are decent of fuel with twins. Of course I’ve rarely been able to run WOT in the ocean but I can cruise at 35-40 in 2-3’ and not get the hell beat out of me or the crew while staying dry.

I’ve got two Yellowfins docked by me, great looking boats but the hardware and construction are cheap. Contenders are the same, just wet, solid fishing machines but not real stable if you’re bottom fishing.

Invincible would be worth checking out too. I’d say SeaVee or Seahunter but there is zero dealer support close.

Two piece boats have come a long way but they still lag far behind the 3 & 4 piece construction.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have a Pursuit and love it. Can’t go wrong there.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

For Freeman money you can have a boat with an air conditioner and a couch

Quote Originally Posted by Birchwood2 View Post
    Fished a 34 Yellowfin a few weeks ago and was very under impressed. Always heard great things, but it was without a doubt the wettest boat I've ever fished.

Would strongly look at Regulators, spent a lot of time on a 26 FS and would've rather been in that than the 34 Yellowfin the day I fished it.

Also, fished the pink Freeman this year, that's a sweet ride.
    That’s the wettest yellowfin other than the original 31.

You can be slow and dry or run fast and take the chance of getting some spray. 36 yellowfin with trip 300’s and you can run 60mph on top and not get wet other than the occasional wave.

I know where a 32 Scout you can get with a trailer for good money.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Thanks Tee but I am hoping for new.

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    I have a Pursuit and love it. Can’t go wrong there.
    Very nice

If you are wanting family and Fish I would take a serious look at Onslow Bay. I have fished a Everglades. They are nice but have too many bells and whistles for my liking. I’m a big fan of Sea Vee but pretty hardcore fishing boat. The Onslow Bay with forward seating would be ideal for your needs.

Southport
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post

I have money but I'm very tight by nature.
    So you are tight with money but are looking to buy a new 32’ boat because your depth finder isn’t up to standards?
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 07-06-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    If you are wanting family and Fish I would take a serious look at Onslow Bay. I have fished a Everglades. They are nice but have too many bells and whistles for my liking. I’m a big fan of Sea Vee but pretty hardcore fishing boat. The Onslow Bay with forward seating would be ideal for your needs.
    OB is a badass boat but unless you can find a used one they’re like 2 years out las I heard. They were getting ready to build a bigger space though so maybe that’s come down. I took a tour when I was looking, almost pulled the trigger on a 27 too.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    So you are tight with money but are looking to buy a new 32’ boat because your depth finder isn’t up to standards?
    My wife bought the last one...

This one is on me... So spending an extra hundred for name only is not my bag. Spending 50 for brand new and a couple feet more is fine.

Intrepid.

Had 2 used ones in front of me I couldn’t close the deal on. Felt they were a little ahead of their time when considering the age of the boats I was looking at. Both times I called the factory and and the support and info based off the HIN# for a used older boat was pretty impressive. I can only imagine how they would treat a new customer.
    Last edited by wdhigh; 07-06-2020 at 07:50 PM.