Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Tier 1 vs Tier 2 boats.

You need me then

Are we meeting at CCLeroys cook shed?

You probably have some nasty gulf pink shrimp. I got that good good white shrimp from the south Edisto. Capt. Bill caught them good yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Are we meeting at CCLeroys cook shed?
    i'd be afraid to fry in there.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    You probably have some nasty gulf pink shrimp. I got that good good white shrimp from the south Edisto. Capt. Bill caught them good yesterday.
    maybe we need them both to have a better comparison?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I will call Ricky and get it set up.......... I need to attend to critique food quality and attire. I will bring Chinet and paper napkins.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    School me on the negatives of Grady White walkarounds Whackum.
    Heavy, Slow, the helm is to far forward, no in deck fish boxes, shitty seating, the cabin is useless unless your a little person and even then I don't want to go sweat my ass off in ralphs cabin, not enough storage, wasted space, slow, shitty ride. Ive fished on them, not my style. Im also spoiled and get to fish with some great folks on some nice rigs and if I have to go back to fishing grady whites and sea hunts I will hang it up. My all time favorite sled is a 31 contender with twin f250's,quick, comfortable and economical, an ass of in deck storage, 360 degree fish ability, and you can run and gun when you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I will call Ricky and get it set up.......... I need to attend to critique food quality and attire. I will bring Chinet and paper napkins.
    make it happen
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Heavy, Slow, the helm is to far forward, no in deck fish boxes, shitty seating, the cabin is useless unless your a little person and even then I don't want to go sweat my ass off in ralphs cabin, not enough storage, wasted space, slow, shitty ride. Ive fished on them, not my style. Im also spoiled and get to fish with some great folks on some nice rigs and if I have to go back to fishing grady whites and sea hunts I will hang it up. My all time favorite sled is a 31 contender with twin f250's,quick, comfortable and economical, an ass of in deck storage, 360 degree fish ability, and you can run and gun when you need to.
    Exactly. Hard to beat a 31 Contender. When I was young we fished a Grady & it was alright but after riding in some nice center consoles I wouldn’t own a grady. They are heavy & slow & pricey. Hell I can a deal on a new Whaler anytime but I don’t like them or want one.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

How’s the 252/251 with the 425 run? Saw one sitting at Hankel the other day and that motor is HUGE!

I fished on two Grady walk around for a bit.. I was really happy when he spent a little more and bought decent little sportfisher. From the 24 to a 28. It was cool for some years, but I'd rather do a little bottom fishing in a CC. I have no aspirations of buying a boat larger than a 23 contender, right now my 4th tier boat is still enough for me.

I never carried a camera, took me a bit to buy into smartphones too.. but that pic that's around holding a large wahoo.. it's tail is all janked up because I had to make a cut around it, so I could bend it, to fit it in a little Grady box. I couldn't imagine riding in that cabin, it was all used as storage. Which was cool. I don't get sea sick though.. well once, I was maybe 12, on a Grady.. wasn't it's fault though. I'd say it was little powdered donuts and Mt Dew.. going off kingfishing with my cousin in his in a small craft advisory, he puked too.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 07-09-2020 at 07:37 PM.

and I'm pretty sure GC built the boat I still own.

We were coming in from offshore in my 21 Contender & a fella in a 25 Grady wanted to race. We ate his lunch in the seas & chop. We talked to him later & asked how we weren’t beat to death. I told I was sitting on the leaning post the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    As you stated... not your style. That’s perfectly fine.

All boats are subject to user scrutiny. That’s why there’s so many models.

I, like you, have fished everything from a 26ft Grady to a 42 yellowfin, to a 67 Paul Mann.

I, not like you, prefer a walk around when fishing a small to mid size outboard offshore.
    I, not like you, am fortunate enough to fish a lot of great sportfishing yachts from Nags Head to Savannah.
    I, not like you, would never quit offshore fishing until I’m physically unable to do so, regardless if it was a 25ft Sea Hunt or a 65ft Spencer.

The great thing about fishing a boat is, it doesn’t matter what people on the Internet think.....it just matters how “you” enjoy your offshore fishing.

If you’re going snapper fishing tomorrow... good luck.

If not, it sucks to be you.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    As you stated... not your style. That’s perfectly fine.

All boats are subject to user scrutiny. That’s why there’s so many models.

I, like you, have fished everything from a 26ft Grady to a 42 yellowfin, to a 67 Paul Mann.

I, not like you, prefer a walk around when fishing a small to mid size outboard offshore.
    I, not like you, am fortunate enough to fish a lot of great sportfishing yachts from Nags Head to Savannah.
    I, not like you, would never quit offshore fishing until I’m physically unable to do so, regardless if it was a 25ft Sea Hunt or a 65ft Spencer.

The great thing about fishing a boat is, it doesn’t matter what people on the Internet think.....it just matters how “you” enjoy your offshore fishing.

If you’re going snapper fishing tomorrow... good luck.

If not, it sucks to be you.
    I’m really impressed. Tell me more. How many charters did you pay for this year? Your one fucking “report” came from a charter on the day maker, don’t go telling me Bobby and Michael needed your expertise on board either.....

Not all Grady's are created equal either. If you think the common little 22 Seafarer that has been around since the 70's has any of the larger Grady 45 Canyon's dna in it......think again.
    Grady was the shit years ago, then slid as other builders caught up and passed them. Their newer and larger blue water boats are badass. their stuff over 30 ft is pretty sweet
    Oh and I have owned everything from a 12ft Sears Gamefisher to a Contender to a 54 Ocean.......just my opinion,.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-09-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Different strokes for different folks. I've fished on Freeman's, sporties, sea hunts, contenders, Grady's, you name it. If I thought I had to stoop down to fish on a sea hunt or Grady, I'd probably try to kick myself it the nuts. I'll fish on all of em. I guess I like fishing more than some other folks. Whatever tier boat I can afford, I'm going.

Wow I think Bog pissed in whackum’s corn flakes this morning.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    and I'm pretty sure GC built the boat I still own.
    Bet he did also.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

54 Ocean? Do Tell bout what engine's where installed on your boat. Twin 10cyl. twin turbo's? Trust me I have fished alot of the Ocean Yacht fleet
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"