Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Tier 1 vs Tier 2 boats.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Best offshore boat?? One that someone else pays the note and fuel bill on.
    Best reply yet. Heck even one you gotta though some money on fuel and bait are much better than owning one.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Best reply yet. Heck even one you gotta though some money on fuel and bait are much better than owning one.
    Yes Sir. Buying fuel, bait, beverages, snacks and even a couple bags of ice can get you a second invite... maybe.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I've always liked when they offer to pay gas bill if you'd take them. The look on their face when gas pump cuts off and they have to swipe the credit card a second time.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I learnt a lesson bout dat. My ex Boss in WA has a 62' Selene Trawler. Beautiful boat in every aspect . I went along when he picked it up for the maiden voyage across Puget Sound to Bainbridge Island ( they were headed to Alaska for a month the next day) watched the fuel guys set the pump and walk off. Asked Mike if it would take long. He grinned and said " probably so, she holds 2400 gallons"
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I learnt a lesson bout dat. My ex Boss in WA has a 62' Selene Trawler. Beautiful boat in every aspect . I went along when he picked it up for the maiden voyage across Puget Sound to Bainbridge Island ( they were headed to Alaska for a month the next day) watched the fuel guys set the pump and walk off. Asked Mike if it would take long. He grinned and said " probably so, she holds 2400 gallons"
    Most fuel I’ve gotten on a boat is a 100,000gals of diesel. It took 12hrs to get it. Boat held 175,000gals

Entertaining to be reading this thread, offshore boat info on a duck site.
    Some really good info here and it seems to be from the same folks that offer good info on many other topics here.
    Used to read, post & PM a lot on Charlestonfishing but bailed, think I stepped on a few toes.
    Oddball once said "enough with the negative vibes Moriarty".
    Like it here, yas dump on each other when things are slow, point out short comings of elected officials and bring up hunting at times.

To the OP:
    I read a lot of posts on TheHullTruth back in 09 in search of a 32 offshore CC that I could trailer.
    Seems they all compared the builds to the Yellowfin.
    Took a ride on several 'high tier' boats, spoke with charter guys in MA, SC, FL (both coasts & Keys) & Venice.
    Sea Hunter, Freeman, Contender, Invincible, Yellowfin, Venture, Bahama, all good rides, hard to say any are more dry than the other.
    Certainly there are others, just haven't kept up with the craze.
    Sea conditions, fuel load, power & operator are never similar from one test ride to the next out of various harbors.

We bought for fishing. Don't have a single cup holder on the boat.
    34 YF came along for the right price. Gemlux hardware throughout.
    Rated for 1050 hp but my checkbook isn't refilled easily, twins are enough.
    Very happy to not have bait wells & fish boxes below deck (too old & fat for that).
    It took a few times out to dial in the handling. Stepped hull & cruise over 35 mph in mixed seas....
    Major trim tabs, added length & weight give us several more days a month to fish vs a 32.
    Heard that from more than a few charter guys in the Keys.
    We get wet now & then but so do I at times on the 900' container ship I'm on 6 months a year.
    Buy good GoreTex & go fishing.
    Have worked on several bigger charter boats, can fish 7 days a week.
    This 34 I can fish 3 days straight and not be sore.
    Haven't tried any more than that except when in Venice, no room to put-up the fish.
    Fishing: trolling, drifting & anchored, never been uncomfortable.
    Out deep we can run 4 rods for swords, not so many during the day. Drift is easily controlled in 4 knots current & 15 wind.

Being honest considering the primary use should dictate but we all know the latest & greatest with the max HP is like the apple that bitch picked.
    Family outings will require several options.
    If retards can't keep their weights from testing the gelcoat, they don't get another invite.

Quote Originally Posted by DG34YF View Post
    Entertaining to be reading this thread, offshore boat info on a duck site.
    Some really good info here and it seems to be from the same folks that offer good info on many other topics here.
    Used to read, post & PM a lot on Charlestonfishing but bailed, think I stepped on a few toes.
    Oddball once said "enough with the negative vibes Moriarty".
    Like it here, yas dump on each other when things are slow, point out short comings of elected officials and bring up hunting at times.

To the OP:
    I read a lot of posts on TheHullTruth back in 09 in search of a 32 offshore CC that I could trailer.
    Seems they all compared the builds to the Yellowfin.
    Took a ride on several 'high tier' boats, spoke with charter guys in MA, SC, FL (both coasts & Keys) & Venice.
    Sea Hunter, Freeman, Contender, Invincible, Yellowfin, Venture, Bahama, all good rides, hard to say any are more dry than the other.
    Certainly there are others, just haven't kept up with the craze.
    Sea conditions, fuel load, power & operator are never similar from one test ride to the next out of various harbors.

We bought for fishing. Don't have a single cup holder on the boat.
    34 YF came along for the right price. Gemlux hardware throughout.
    Rated for 1050 hp but my checkbook isn't refilled easily, twins are enough.
    Very happy to not have bait wells & fish boxes below deck (too old & fat for that).
    It took a few times out to dial in the handling. Stepped hull & cruise over 35 mph in mixed seas....
    Major trim tabs, added length & weight give us several more days a month to fish vs a 32.
    Heard that from more than a few charter guys in the Keys.
    We get wet now & then but so do I at times on the 900' container ship I'm on 6 months a year.
    Buy good GoreTex & go fishing.
    Have worked on several bigger charter boats, can fish 7 days a week.
    This 34 I can fish 3 days straight and not be sore.
    Haven't tried any more than that except when in Venice, no room to put-up the fish.
    Fishing: trolling, drifting & anchored, never been uncomfortable.
    Out deep we can run 4 rods for swords, not so many during the day. Drift is easily controlled in 4 knots current & 15 wind.

Being honest considering the primary use should dictate but we all know the latest & greatest with the max HP is like the apple that bitch picked.
    Family outings will require several options.
    If retards can't keep their weights from testing the gelcoat, they don't get another invite.
    solid post. My first recommendation was a Yellowfin at the beginning of the thread.
    He can afford it and it fits him.

Yes Sir. Buying fuel, bait, beverages, snacks and even a couple bags of ice can get you a second invite... maybe.
    Indeed. I was taught this as standard/expected protocol, along with cleaning the boat once the trip's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Depends on two things. 1. Do you fish often and hard? 2. How deep your pockets are
    Note: Number one can be ignored when number two is large enough.

About all you need to know

Charlestonfishing is full of emotional twats, or I should say more.. and their hunting forums remind me how happy I am to be a private land owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Charlestonfishing is full of emotional twats, or I should say more.. and their hunting forums remind me how happy I am to be a private land owner.
    This is something we can all agree on unanimously.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I’m really impressed. Tell me more. How many charters did you pay for this year? Your one fucking “report” came from a charter on the day maker, don’t go telling me Bobby and Michael needed your expertise on board either.....
    why you so angry Ed?
    You mad because I don’t post every “report” on the Internet?

Hell, send me your cell number, I’ll keep you irate all year bo. More than happy to do it

Michaels a hell of a fisherman and a great kid. I enjoy fishing with him.
    Honestly look forward to the annual trip with them. Fortunate a friends company has done that for us each year.

Did you catch any snapper yesterday?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I was being a dickhead in response to him being a dickhead, no anger here. Fish doesn't have time for this nonsense.
    I didn’t see this.

I wasn’t aware I was being a dickhead.

I said I was fortunate to fish a lot of boats.
    I also said I would never quit offshore fishing simply because I no longer fished a “quality” boat..... I enjoy it to much.

You most certainly got agitated and displayed it in your post about me fishing with Bobby.

As if to allude that the only time I’ve caught any fish this year was on a charter.

That’s freaking great.

I hope you caught some fish yesterday broseph.
    Last edited by BOGSTER; 07-11-2020 at 09:03 AM.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Not sure I can but upper tier Grady White, Everglades, Pursuit, Regulator,
    EDIT - I didn't realize this was a ten page thread and I didn't read it.

Tier 1 in order: 1) SeaVee, 2) Contender, 3) Yellowfin. Regulator and Everglades are Tier 2, Grady and the Pursuit are Tier 3.
    Last edited by Fish; 07-13-2020 at 11:37 AM.