Thread: Hey Boo Boo

Default Hey Boo Boo

Pretty cool seeing this cross the road in front of me this afternoon. Just north of the Black River on 701

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent my whole life in the outdoors in SC- never saw a bear in the wild- my wife is a genealogist and asked me to take her to a cemetery in the middle of the Francis Marion National Forest - stopped on the dirt road to take a leak and I hear her say- look at the bears- turned around and 50 yards away stood Momma and 2 cubs. That was 20 years ago and haven't seen another- but did get one on my deer cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Spent my whole life in the outdoors in SC- never saw a bear in the wild- my wife is a genealogist and asked me to take her to a cemetery in the middle of the Francis Marion National Forest - stopped on the dirt road to take a leak and I hear her say- look at the bears- turned around and 50 yards away stood Momma and 2 cubs. That was 20 years ago and haven't seen another- but did get one on my deer cam.
    I have seen 3 or 4 in my life, I once pulled over in Croatan National Forest to piss in a canal/ravine and damn near pissed on ones head. He stood up on his hind legs.
    I had several cross the highway late at night while driving thru the Dismal Swamp when I lived in Hatteras and my deer hounds pushed one out once way back when i dog hunted.

I think I saw one in the corner of headlights maybe 10 years ago at night in FMNF near mcclellanville.
    There have been a few confirmed sightings recently in neighborhoods on 41 and clements ferry.
    Cool critters I guess until they start messing stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got a pic of one in Andrews a few years back.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Come to Dillon. Haven’t had bear on our property in 10 years but now we have a handful in Dillon. Last season was a little dicey at times. Got out to my stand, pulled my SD card and climbed up for the evening. I started looking at pictures just to see one had been cruising around my stand that morning on and off . It made walking out that evening a little quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    so you spent your whole life (discounting the last 20)?

and i got a pic of one at my place in richland county a couple years back.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 07-07-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Got a trail cam pic of one 200 yards from my house in whitestone ,Spartanburg county last week .
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by DUCK BUSTER 68 View Post
    Got a trail cam pic of one 200 yards from my house in whitestone ,Spartanburg county last week .
    Buy a tag.

Aint got no desire to kill one...unless he keeps knocking my corn down.
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

I know a guy

Quote Originally Posted by DUCK BUSTER 68 View Post
    Aint got no desire to kill one...unless he keeps knocking my corn down.
    Then you might as well go ahead and develop said desire because he ain’t gonna stop.

I've seen a few, first one on the coast was right outside of Galivants Ferry cutting back home from Coastal, twenty four years ago. At that point I had no idea there was a coastal population. Two have been spotted on our farm, I-20 and the Wateree River, just passing right on through. One was pulled out of a tree, rescued, next to our Zemp stadium a few years back too, right on the edge of downtown.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 07-07-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duckz View Post
    Come to Dillon. Haven’t had bear on our property in 10 years but now we have a handful in Dillon. Last season was a little dicey at times. Got out to my stand, pulled my SD card and climbed up for the evening. I started looking at pictures just to see one had been cruising around my stand that morning on and off . It made walking out that evening a little quicker.
    There was one behind Wendy's several years ago that made the news.

Hyde and Dare county NC have some giants. A 600 lb black bear will fill up the back of a truck.