Thread: Game Changer for Beaver Pond Hunters??

Default Game Changer for Beaver Pond Hunters??

Saw this on a duck hunting show I just watched. Pretty neat concept and makes pond management and flooding possible on a a serious budget. The guys said they ran it for 15 hours on a tank of gas. Things I wonder about: longevity of a gas engine running long hours? Also better have that thing well stabilized if you’re going to run it and leave it. Finally, I wonder what kind of system it has to shut off if it gets clogged?

Formerly DM88

We use something very similar. Works well.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    Saw this on a duck hunting show I just watched. Pretty neat concept and makes pond management and flooding possible on a a serious budget. The guys said they ran it for 15 hours on a tank of gas. Things I wonder about: longevity of a gas engine running long hours? Also better have that thing well stabilized if you’re going to run it and leave it. Finally, I wonder what kind of system it has to shut off if it gets clogged?
    We made something similar one severe drought year to flood a dried up swamp. Worked great and no problems running day and night other than when you had the late late gas fill shift. Finally rigged a solution for that too.

They should sell a bunch of them...

Looks awesome. The gpm seems high to me for that hp but I guess the manufacturer would not lie.

Even if it were half that amount it still moves more gpm than any other 5 hp gas engine I know of.

Buddy in MO has about 10 units to keep holes from freezing up. Birds will dang near land on them while running.

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post

Ok, So the beaver pond warriors are going to change the game by dewatering the corn ponds?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Haha, no.... I just see the opportunity to drain/flood areas without wells, levees, big equipment or big money. Don’t worry DT, I’m sure your corn pond is safe. IMO it will provide the opportunity to pull water on/off beaver ponds to be able to actually manage/plant them and not be totally dependent on the weather.
    Formerly DM88

I see multiple applications. If there is a large gas tank available I suggest you invest. Keeping a liquid fuel tank full is work for sure. While diesel motors are built for somewhat continuous operation gas fueled are not.

It is a moblie answer to issues. Be careful what you wish for...
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

There are shit loads of gas and natural gas motors powering irrigation wells all over the world. I am not scared to let a gas motor run. Keep up with the oil and let it roll
    cut\'em