Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for Thinkers

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Except that the real power wasn't.

The Nazi's were the useful idiots then for a transfer of wealth and power the likes that the world had never seen. I have a friend whose grandparents were German bankers before, during, and after the war (rebranded as Swiss). Card carrying Nazis. Their familial wealth is astonishing.

They worked right along with Jewish bankers who knew exactly what was going on in Eastern Europe. Everyone getting theirs. Stacking stolen millions on top of millions when millionaires were a big deal.

Now, being millionaires ain't cutting it anymore. Every barely literate kid who can tote a football is one of those. Billions or you are not in the club, so here we go again...
    Very good point. I shouldn’t have included the card carriers. Lots got to Argentina. A few, we took in.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Seems like a lot of useful idiot stuff going on right now. I remember several years ago watching Glenn Beck on Fox with his chalk board. People thought he was crazy. Dude laid it out for everybody back then. The erasing of history and the lack of push back right now is down right scary.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post

However, we've got some real cocksuckers around here that the same can be said for concerning our southern heritage.
    Preach, homie.

My father-in-law and I had a similar conversation the other day. He loves the South as much as anyone and has Confederate flag that flew over the SC Statehouse. However, he doesn't display it for fear of the perception it can carry, and for the potential to be misunderstood. As JAB mentioned recently, while there's NOTHING wrong with that flag, there's a reason why (SOME) people choose to throw it in your face, and it ain't about "Southern Heritage".

The same thing is happening with the BLM banners now. People use anything they can to "fit their agenda"

When all the statues, flags and all remnants of this part of history are gone what will be the next "thing" that sets it all off again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    When all the statues, flags and all remnants of this part of history are gone what will be the next "thing" that sets it all off again?
    "Institutional" racism and white privilege, duh.

Those'll be even harder to disprove, because they're not quantifiable. Oh, and because they're largely false.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    "Institutional" racism and white privilege, duh.

Those'll be even harder to disprove, because they're not quantifiable. Oh, and because they're largely false.
    It's okay, I know you're not being sarcastic and they'll be easily proved and quantified. The more successful, wealthy and affluent a white person is, the more of a racist they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Preach, homie.

My father-in-law and I had a similar conversation the other day. He loves the South as much as anyone and has Confederate flag that flew over the SC Statehouse. However, he doesn't display it for fear of the perception it can carry, and for the potential to be misunderstood. As JAB mentioned recently, while there's NOTHING wrong with that flag, there's a reason why (SOME) people choose to throw it in your face, and it ain't about "Southern Heritage".
    #like

I would no sooner fly "the confederate flag" in front of my house.

My next door neighbors are some of the nicest folks known to man. They happen to be black. I dont expect they would like that flag 300ft from their driveway.

This does NOT mean that I'm embarrassed by our southern history. It means that, in this instance, I choose not to be an asshole.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I'm ashamed of me

no, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    no, I'm not
    How could you be?

Perfection is hard to acheive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

We have too many snowflakes! Everything offends someone and then they make a big deal out of it.