Thread: Schumacher Homes?

Default Schumacher Homes?

I have a family member that is looking at building with Schumacher Homes in Columbia and is looking for feedback.

I told him I would ask the braintrust.

Any positive/negative info I can pass along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I’ve heard, they don’t build houses, they build homes.

They did mine. I stayed on top of them daily and had a few instances where the subcontractors tried to cut corners. They fixed after some bitching. Biggest issue was the roofers fucked things up and I had leaks after being in the house for two weeks. They said they would fix it. They sent people out and said it was repaired. After a while it leaked again and they wouldn’t fix it. I had visor guy come take a look and him and his crew fixed it like it should have been done to start with. Best feedback is they are ok. Not great at all. Def not the worst but they had many issues throughout the build and we changed through three contractors from them bc of their turnover within the company. If I had to do over again I’d go with someone else but I’ve learned enough after the first build what I would or would not do differently. Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

My neighbor used them when he built his house about 7 years ago. They may have changed a bit but he had a positive experience. His contractor was very engaged and even offered some pointers on what he would do if it was his house. Like certain upgrades and changes etc.. overall he has always said he is happy so far.

He didnt use any of his crews to do his lake house remodel....

You can do worse, but you can also do a lot better than them.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    He didnt use any of his crews to do his lake house remodel....

Track builders doing track builder work.

I would look into a custom home builders, these big name builders are basically giving you a trailer without the wheels.

They are building our house in wagener. They aren't done yet but we have a decent builder and I am pleased so far

Every home they build in Edisto ends up having issues before or after the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Embattled developer D.R. Horton 'vigorously denies' its homes can't handle humidity

BY JOE GYAN JR.
    APR 13, 2022

National developer D.R. Horton "vigorously" denies building homes incapable of withstanding Louisiana's humidity, and says a proposed class action lawsuit that makes such claims is improper because arbitration is the agreed-upon remedy.

Attorneys for D.R. Horton Inc. — Gulf Coast say the lawsuit filed last month is premature and filed in an improper venue — Baton Rouge state court — because the plaintiffs' contract with D.R. Horton contains a binding arbitration clause covering the substance of the dispute.

"Plaintiffs cannot avoid mandatory arbitration by attempting to pursue a class action in state court," company lawyers James Brown, Charles Wilmore and Courtney Harper Turkington argue in court papers filed in the 19th Judicial District Court.

Lance Unglesby, one of the plaintiffs' lawyers, said Wednesday it was anticipated that D.R. Horton would move to compel arbitration "in an effort to avoid being held responsible for its treatment of hard-working Louisiana citizens" and to "further frustrate its homebuyers."

"Given the mounting evidence of D.R. Horton's defective work and systematic fraudulent misrepresentations to its homebuyers regarding the quality and construction of its Louisiana homes, we are confident that D.R. Horton will be held accountable," he said.

The lawyers allege that D.R. Horton and one of its subcontractors, Bell Mechanical Services, knowingly constructed homes that cannot weather Louisiana humidity. The attorneys also claim the builder and its HVAC subcontractor did not properly address homeowner concerns raised during new home warranty periods.

Youngsville Mayor Ken Ritter, who was a member of the city council in 2014, said last month he plans to propose stricter building codes in response to the lawsuit.
    https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...f70b1c217.html

I would look into a custom home builders, these big name builders are basically giving you a trailer without the wheels.
    Trailer without wheels is giving trailer builders a bad name.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Forever home or couple year stay? Forever home I’d go elsewhere. Short term stay i would but stay on top of them. Never personally used them but seen their work.

I like that and agree.

Who he uses to build his personal shit will tell you all you need to know.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Embattled developer D.R. Horton 'vigorously denies' its homes can't handle humidity

BY JOE GYAN JR.
    APR 13, 2022

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...f70b1c217.html
    I do home repair a few days a week. DR Horton homes are some of the worst ive seen. You cant find anything thats plumb.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH