Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black National Anthem

If the NFL plays the “black” national anthem before a single game I will never watch the NFL again. Which sucks because I’m pretty decent at fantasy football.

What bothers me most about the one-sided racial "dialogue" in America, is many black folks use the collective "we" about the past but don't want judged by the actions of criminals as "we."

If the entire system is racist, if policing is racist [they are judging an entire group instead of recognizing individual responsibility], why is it unfair to point out the disproportionate amount of crime by black men? "We can paint with a broad brush, you racist, but you cannot. "It galls me a bit that the group speak of BLM, etc, has this blind spot to their own hypocrisy.

If Obama had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin. Okayyyy, but what is the flip side of that insipid logic? He'd also look like the fuckwit who raped my neighbor when I was in the 8th grade. Or the gang of assholes who kidnapped my brother and his friend.....beat, humiliated, taunted, and robbed them in Pittsburgh.

I read a lot. So many of today's popular books ask, "Why is there so much irrational fear about black males? Why the prejudice?"

And I want to tell the authors, "Because so many of us have bad personal experiences with black males. Not shit we've read about but with people we know. Or ourselves." But the BLM movement wants to act like my feelings and experiences don't exist. Or that I'm the problem.

I don't judge anyone at work by the color of their skin. I don't take my experiences out on innocents. But it seems like BLM thinks they have a license to intimidate or assault people and property over their feelings. Galls the piss out of me. If white folks were doing what BLM is doing, the world media would call is Kristallnacht 2.0.

There is a double standard and it keeps a lot of reasonable people away from the round table that would help ease tensions.

There is a difference between prejudice and racist. The root of the meaning of prejudice is to pre-judge. We all pre-judge.

If every time you get bitten by a dog, it's by a blonde colored dog. You may meet some blonde dogs that don't bite you but you have rarely had any issue with any other color dog. You are probably going to be more wary of blonde dogs until you get to know them. If not, you're an idiot and have probably touched a red hot stove burner more than a couple times. If the experience makes you want to harm all blonde dogs, that is racism. If it makes you a little more careful around blonde dogs, you might not make the Darwin finalists list.

The last phrase, "stay true to the motherland" is definitely interesting. That is part of the big problem. You are either American or not. They can honor their heritage but I can't mine?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

The song has been around for years and years and has been known as the Negro National Anthem longer than any of us have been alive.

They are going to play it week 1 before the openers in a sport that is majority black. Big whoop.

Yall worry about some dumb shit
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Dude it ain’t the lyrics is the fucking title we only have one anthem!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Francis Scott Keith was a slave owner the National Anthem is toast.

And....

https://www.wbtv.com/news/national/2...tional-anthem/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The USA as a country does have only one national anthem

The blacks in the USA have an additional one as well. And have for over 100 years.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    The USA as a country does have only one national anthem

The blacks in the USA have an additional one as well. And have for over 100 years.
    So they are segregationist?
    Last edited by mello_collins; 07-03-2020 at 11:39 AM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I'm gonna laugh when all these nfl idiots lose money.

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    So they are segregationist?
    And....racist!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I have not watched a NFL in a long time. That isn't changing.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.