187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

52 27.81%
  • No

135 72.19%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you wear a mask?

Haven’t put one on yet and don’t plan on it

Ill say I started because my brother tested positive for it. Since then (a week ago) he has been tested 2 other times in which both of those came back negative. I think its all a crock of shit but like others said, they don't bother me, and if it makes other people around me more comfortable, then whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I don't wear one. I'll wear one if a business mandates it (although I probably won't go back unless there wasn't another decent option) or if I had to go to a doctor's office that has susceptible people there.

Yeah, I don’t wear a mask, but I live responsibly.

I don't care what y'all do.

Situationally. In common places at work, we are asked to do so. At lumber yards, restaurants, playing golf, on the boat, etc. No. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I don't wear one. Makes me anxious. Our work mandated them starting today when going in customers house or businesses on work related matters. I have a buff that I put in my pocket today for such things. Otherwise I wont wear one. If business wont let me shop without one i'll go somewhere else that will
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I wear one in Publix because 99% of other shoppers do. In Food Lion I do not because less than half wear mask. In Hilton Head last week hardly anyone was wearing a mask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't worn one yet and don't plan on it. If a store makes it mandatory I'll spend my money elsewhere. Church is starting a mandatory mask service and an optional mask service, guess which one I'll attend.

If memory serves me correct I have a doctors appt. coming up late this month or sometime in August. I expect I'll have to wear one then but I plan on that being the only time I voluntarily put one on.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Not until it’s a law. I mean, it would a crazy law but Jesus likes law abiding citizens and I like Jesus. I did put one on at the ER one day when my son took a nasty fall. After 4 min I went outside and put the mask in the trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I wear one in Publix because 99% of other shoppers do. In Food Lion I do not because less than half wear mask. In Hilton Head last week hardly anyone was wearing a mask.

So what you’re saying is you’re really susceptible to peer pressure

I'm too pretty to be covering my face.

I do wear one when in an indoor public space. The science is clear that it reduces the spread of the disease, and right now the disease is spreading like wildfire in South Carolina. You wear a mask to protect others, it's just common decency at this point. Hard for me to understand how some act so put out to wear a mask for the brief time you are shopping or in public, while others have family members dying and sick as shit. Do what you want in your own home, but public spaces are shared with your community. You have to be decent in public, and right now that means not letting your respiratory droplets be uncontrolled. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have an excuse to be indecent and put people at risk.

It has skyrocketed the last few days. I imagine it'll continue to rise after this weekend for a couple more weeks then hopefully start dropping. It appears there are two types of people. The ones who have it & the ones who will get it.

Applicable?

No Glenn. Not at all. Might be applicable to all the babies wearing amethyst necklaces in my pediatric practice to prevent teething pain, or applicable to people saying "it is what it is" or whatever the hell that means. But this Coronavirus is serious shit and the obstinate and ignorant are causing vulnerable people to die.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    So what you’re saying is you’re really susceptible to peer pressure
    Publix is on north side town around a bunch retirees. I do it protect them and not make them feel uncomfortable. I am nice guy like that. The lesson your parents taught "if Johnny jumps off a bridge or you" does not here so go find another box of straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    No.
    Well, you are a cat/horse dr.

And I have yet to wear a mask.

And for those of you that wear a mask just to make others feel comfortable, do you believe that they would change to make you feel comfortable? Or, is this just another case of the "silent majority" trying to avoid conflict? Or, just "falling" in line?
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Well, you are a cat/horse dr.

And I have yet to wear a mask.

And for those of you that wear a mask just to make others feel comfortable, do you believe that they would change to make you feel comfortable? Or, is this just another case of the "silent majority" trying to avoid conflict? Or, just "falling" in line?

I think mask helps protect others. Somehow it has became a sillypolitical stance. I do not think government should make the decision