187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

52 27.81%
  • No

135 72.19%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you wear a mask?

Default Do you wear a mask?

Who wears a mask in public? Simple question to answer for some research I am doing.
    Last edited by ReelHard; 07-02-2020 at 10:41 AM.

only to get groceries...what a buncha BS
    At least I'm housebroken.

I don't. I do keep masks in my truck and I do ask every customer if they would like me to wear one out of respect. Most say no, some say yes. One guy asked me to wear a mask, because I had a face only my mother could love. I oblige to their requests out of respect.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

It's now a "law" in Summerville. I've kept one in my pocket just in case, but I went several places yesterday and didn't have one on. No one seemed to care too much and there were others that were not complying either. There's way too many carve outs in the law to make it enforceable. It's really up to the establishment or business to enforce.
    Last edited by reeltight; 07-02-2020 at 05:56 PM.

I don’t believe a mask will protect me from the virus floating around in the air. I wear one as a courtesy to others, because I do believe it might prevent me from coughing out virus containing globs if spit and snot, thus protecting others. It’s just courtesy to others when you are in public. I don’t wear it for me, I wear it for mankind.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I decided a few weeks back I am gonna wear one. Does it help? No clue. But it doesn’t bother me. If it makes the 80 year old woman in publix 10% safer from me then that’s a good thing. I wear them fishing, I wear them hunting, it’s a non issue for me.

I don’t make my kids wear them and I don’t think the government should mandate it.

Japan and South Korea kicked this things ass and I’m not sure why. Was it masking? No clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m curious about the research you’re doing
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I wear one at work because I have to. I've only wore one outside of work once so far when I went to get my oil changed. I would probably wear one if I were going into a crowded store as a courtesy but haven't yet.

I honestly don't believe a mask is going to protect me or those around me. The rule of thumb I've used for "social distancing" is if the person near me has on a mask, they are concerned, and I will be sure to keep my distance in order to keep them more comfortable. If they don't wear a mask, I assume they think more along the same lines as me. I haven't has any issues yet. Also, if a store or city/town is requiring them then I don't shop there. Plenty of other places.

led--go take a look at south korea again

i wear a mask bc the bible says to obey the law of the land. i love the rebels that dont. but you still wear shoes into a store.

pants? sure. but hell no I wont wear a mask.

I am fighting hypocrisy in my own beliefs. You people not wearing masks are hypocrites.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I wear glasses, every time I've put one on, they fog up, id rather be able to see. I just don't go to many public places these days and if I do, I give a wide berth to others and take every precaution to stay away from others. I don't like most people anyway so, it's pretty easy.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I wear shoes(boots) and pants in my backyard, but no mask.

Same as anywhere else I travel.

I eat like crap, climb up ladders and dangle from a harness, and may or may not have pissed roddie off. If I die from the Kung flu then I reckon it was just my time

wearing a mask has shit to do with YOUR health, VG

and i'm sorry but residential roofers have never been on "Dangerous Jobs"

i stick my hands in peoples mouths. second to being a cat vet like glenn, we still lose.

led--go take a look at south korea again

i wear a mask bc the bible says to obey the law of the land. i love the rebels that dont. but you still wear shoes into a store.

pants? sure. but hell no I wont wear a mask.

I am fighting hypocrisy in my own beliefs. You people not wearing masks are hypocrites.
    It's not law though 2th. If it is mandated in stores etc, I choose not to go there. No hypocrisy here.

and that is your choice. its what makes america great
    HOWEVER, as a business owner in columbia, they can get fined. or shutdown. most (all?) of you not wearing a mask obviously dont own your own retail business. businesses need customers. customers in columbia in july of 2020 want to see others in the stores wearing masks. it increases business and thus is better for the greater good.

My beef is with the hypocrites....and those that justify NOT wearing a mask based on flawed reasoning.

but, again, its america and you can choose what you want. and the business owner, likewise, can tell you to leave....

wearing a mask has shit to do with YOUR health, VG

and i'm sorry but residential roofers have never been on "Dangerous Jobs"

i stick my hands in peoples mouths. second to being a cat vet like glenn, we still lose.
    That's why in my first post I clearly said, I wear them if folks would like for me to out of respect. And being a cat vet is way more dangerous. Cats are the devil

i know. but why in the hell would I not take the opportunity to bust your balls and make fun of the cat vet at the same time?

nope. i was wearing a mask when we traveled in early march, and we're two of 4 people total in Charlotte airport with a mask (when the CDC said don't). This was when this was an unknown risk. Now we have data about not only the minuscule chance of death, but also how its spread, and the recommendations now are in no way based in science. I won't be bullied into tacit compliance by the masses making irrational, emotional decisions with unsubstantiated conjecture. Doing so is why are largely a nation of idiots who have lost any ability to think critically. unfortunately the most ignorant people are the loudest voices, and for too long the silent majority has been too silent, and that's why we're in the state of affairs we're in. Its time to start putting a stop to the silliness.

See facebook link below re: data vs incessant guessing and modeling.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=296598748057937

Also, below are the sheep trying to shame people into wearing a useless piece of cloth over the gaping pieholes.

Last edited by everlast; 07-02-2020 at 12:51 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

and i must admit, I CARRY a mask a lot. if someone gets pissy, I put it on.

I have to wear one all day so the last thing I wanna do its put one on after 5pm. I also dont go many places but i WILL wear a mask in a retail establishment because its the law (mandate) and the RIGHT thing to do (for less drama).