Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayer request

Default Prayer request

If y'all could please keep one of my guys in your prayers. "Louis" has worked for my father for most of his life and he was notified this morning that his father had been shot to death. He came to the United States at 15 years old with his sister and brother from Guerrero Mexico to better their life and get away from all the issues that a lot of Mexico has. They came here and worked at a dairy farm here in town. One day he strolled up to the shop and asked for a job. Our shop is right next to the dairy they worked at. He had apparently had enough of working at the dairy and being taken advantage of with poor treatment and nearly nothing as pay. It was summer time and I was 15 at the time, out of school and worked pulling orders and he was 17. No roofing experience, no English, no problem. He started out sweeping floors and helping me pull orders. He and I hit it off right off the bat. He wanted to learn English and I figured I could help. By doing so I never knew I would learn as much Spanish as he learned English. It didn't take long for him to eventually get thrown in the fire when one of our current foreman's, jimmy Sheppard Took him along on roof jobs as a laborer. Jimmy who was your typical, red neck roofer was impressed by his character and willingness to learn.

Fast forward 17 years later, and Louis is the cog that makes our whole operation work and has been for years. He handles all of the counter flashing work and handles all of our operations, commercial roofing, etc. he makes my job easy. I sell the work, meet with him every night to discuss the next days jobs, get the material out there and he takes care of the rest. Louis lives across the street from me, our kids play together, all the things that you might should try and keep separate from a co-workers is completely ignored. This man is my brother. My best friend. My coworker. I could probly count on one hand the days that have passed where I haven't seen him in person or spoke to him on the phone over the last 17 years.

This morning at the shop as he came in to tell dad and I the news he broke down. His dad owned a small store that sells beans, onions, sugar, coffee and other essential items. He also has a small heard of cows. In those parts a store owner who owns some type of livestock is highly regarded and considered to be wealthy. Around 5 am this morning his house was broken into. Mr Reyes had recently had one of his legs removed due to complications with diabetes. As he tried to stop the robbery he was shot and killed.

All three of us, grown men, 2 white dudes and one Mexican, who work in one of the toughest professions out there, sat and cried like babies. I've never seen my old man cry until this morning. Seeing the heartache from someone he considers his second son so heartbroken was too much to bear I guess. I know all of our dads are going to pass one day, I just couldn't imagine it being like that.

Please keep him in your prayers and may he find peace

M
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Sent
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Sent from here. I understand the work ethic they have completely. Nothing but respect from my end.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Prayers sent to all involved.

Praying for your friend and his family.

Man, painful to read. so sorry to hear. Dios los bendiga. Prayers sent for all affected.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Prayers for all.

Prayers sent.

Sent

Prayers

Prayers up.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Done
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

prayers

done
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

My prayers are added. Sad times.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Sent.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Sent from here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Done. Hope Louis and y'all find some comfort after the mourning...and hopefully justice at some point.

Any leads on the assailants?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Sent .

Done