Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Aluminum Fishing cart

Default WTB Aluminum Fishing cart

Anyone used one of these and how do you like it? Pops has recovered about as much as possible from his Bypass Surgery and has been fishing since about first of May. He still manages to carry all his stuff around the pond but has since added a chair for his Bream bed finds! I’d like to get one of these to lighten his load a bit and wondered if any of y’all may have any Pros or Cons on it. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I know they're high far as cost goes. I want one set up thatll set on a trailer hitch so I can pull it to the beach behind the golfcart. I think you need the big wheels for sands, probably wouldn't around a pond. Them big ol wheels is high dollar too.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    I know they're high far as cost goes. I want one set up thatll set on a trailer hitch so I can pull it to the beach behind the golfcart. I think you need the big wheels for sands, probably wouldn't around a pond. Them big ol wheels is high dollar too.
    10-4. I've seen some with Lawnmower style wheels as well. I just used that picture as reference but would like to stay with one that's as light weight as possible since he'll be lifting it on and off his truck. Seems no one local has one that I can put my hands on before ordering one, so thought I Ask SCDUCKS....
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

All the ones I see online weigh about 12lbs

Those Wheeleez wheels are expensive but I think they are the best you can buy. They are made to resist salt water environment and hold up over the years. They are very light weight. They also afford some shock absorption that you wouldn't get from a lawnmower style wheel and tire. I built my wife a windsurfer cart and used them.

I have that exact cart, but with smaller pneumatic tires. I've used it maybe five times. Will sell it for $100 plus shipping on your dime. Let me know.

We have two of these at the Oak Island house. One has the normal lawnmower style tires and the other has the orange one's like you posted. The big tires are a lifesaver on the beach. As stated in a previous post, the lawnmower style tires will be just fine around the pond.
    Last edited by SCmudder7071; 06-15-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I have that exact cart, but with smaller pneumatic tires. I've used it maybe five times. Will sell it for $100 plus shipping on your dime. Let me know.
    PM Sent

Good carts, no cons that I can think of. I have the Jr size with the lawn mower tires and we keep it down at the beach. Great for taking a hard cooler on the beach, should work well for pond fishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Check the gorilla carts at Lowe's. U can add rod holders for cheap

you cant call them that any more
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

RIP Harambe

I found another brand of wheels that are less expensive than the Wheeleez but a pair would still be more than the cart that has already been offered.

https://www.islandbeachgear.com/alum...rsion-kit.html

https://wheeleez.com/product/wz1-30uc/

I'm not sure I'd spend that much to replace lawnmower wheels if it's for pond fishing. If you need to trudge through beach sand, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you cant call them that any more
    Silverback be more PC??????
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Those poly wheels are only designed to roll on sand. Down a pier or across a parking lot can puncture them. I have 2. The smaller one with the wheel barrow looking tires and the largest, like he posted above. On the largest one I got the tires with yellow plastic rims and larger footprint. Worked awesome all week at the beach toting the cooler and all beach goodies down.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Those poly wheels are only designed to roll on sand. Down a pier or across a parking lot can puncture them. I have 2. The smaller one with the wheel barrow looking tires and the largest, like he posted above. On the largest one I got the tires with yellow plastic rims and larger footprint. Worked awesome all week at the beach toting the cooler and all beach goodies down.
    We've dragged our Wheeleez board cart on the paved road behind the golf cart for years and haven't scratched the gloss off of them.

Black Bart hooked me up and Pops was pleased! Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by colej; 06-22-2020 at 06:29 AM.

Black bart is the KRT of used fishing carts

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Black bart is the KRT of used fishing carts
    And he delivers!!! Hope he ate good at Saluds cause he kinda grimaced a bit when I told him it was another 15 minutes south of me......