Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Private property

I question the man's training. He had no muzzle awareness at all. I think he covered her at least twice. His trigger awareness was much better than hers though.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    There’s already been a couple firearms instructors that said they would give them free training, not just because they need it (although it looks like the guy has some), but because of their willingness to stand up. We can’t have Karen flagging the back of her husband’s head, with her finger on the trigger no less, when the time comes to start shooting.
    She was the most dangerous part of that situation as far as I could tell. It appeared as though she inadvertently aimed a pistol at her husband multiple times with her finger on the trigger.

I can understand wanting to defend your home, but from what I could tell the protestors never were on their property. Why not be ready inside with some cover and a tactical (used loosely for these individuals) advantage and sit and wait?

Im not defending these protestors for the record. I am just dont that I would have gone about it the way those two did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a interesting legal question as to whether someone can be charged with pointing and presenting in this situation. When can one present/point a firearm at someone in a non-violent or non-life threatening situation? I would think the fact that the defenders are on their private property might also factor in. Where verbal threats of violence made by protesters/trespassers? I admit I haven’t done the legal research in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Election year. Just democrats rallying their base.

You never Trumpers will be needed.

You're in the political know.. Do you think this election will be close or a large Trump Victory like last time?

last time was a "large trump victory?"
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    She was the most dangerous part of that situation as far as I could tell. It appeared as though she inadvertently aimed a pistol at her husband multiple times with her finger on the trigger.

I can understand wanting to defend your home, but from what I could tell the protestors never were on their property. Why not be ready inside with some cover and a tactical (used loosely for these individuals) advantage and sit and wait?

Im not defending these protestors for the record. I am just dont that I would have gone about it the way those two did.

Posturing. Jack legs looking to knock over mansions are less inclined to do so if they think they’ll get shot. They can’t see you if you’re in your house.

The latest I've heard is the "peaceful protesters" tore down the gate, brandished firearms and told the couple they were going to kill them and their animals. At that point, the couple went inside and retrieved their firearms.

Interestingly, they are civil rights attorneys and supporters of the BLM movements. Obviously they are making bank.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    last time was a "large trump victory?"
    Stop bringing math to a geography lesson...

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    The latest I've heard is the "peaceful protesters" tore down the gate, brandished firearms and told the couple they were going to kill them and their animals. At that point, the couple went inside and retrieved their firearms.

Interestingly, they are civil rights attorneys and supporters of the BLM movements. Obviously they are making bank.
    In that case, I’d have been in the house behind cover. I didn’t realize the crowd had weapons and made threats. I can understand why they did what they did, their HOA probably doesn’t allow signs that say things like “Trespassers will be shot, survivors shot again”, or “Due to the high cost of ammo, warning shots will no longer be given”.
    Last edited by wskinner; 06-30-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Can we call her a liberal cunt.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

From the looks of the home, I'd wager they can afford security detail. Up top looking down is where it's at. They are lucky they came out of that without being shot or shooting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    I am just dont that I would have gone about it the way those two did.
    WUUUTTT????
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

The marine in me would have me standing behind some cover. And from what I understand they had no trespass signs up. Also phoned police.

They certainly don't look like they have had any training.

I just find it interesting the media jumped on this ship until the actual details started to emerge. They thought they had some Trumpers on their hands.

When has the media ever waited for details to emerge?
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL MOUTH View Post
    You're in the political know.. Do you think this election will be close or a large Trump Victory like last time?
    Too early.

Second wave of corona, economy, unknown police issues, martial law in areas....
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I like the fact he went old school with the A2. No tacticool sling and other upgrades.

That tells me he MEANS BUSINESS.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I didn’t see a violent assault on peaceful protestors in that video. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings a bit if the homeowners had stacked them like cord wood.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    WUUUTTT????
    I wouldnt be standing out in the wide ass open in my slacks and barefooted like a dumbass for all to see. I would have been armed, but you likely wouldnt know where I was at. They were sitting ducks if multiple protesters were armed and intended harm.

They’re both attorneys, so I’m sure they know the law. They have donated money to numerous Republican campaigns and here’s the real kicker, he once represented a black guy in a police brutality lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post

Interestingly, they are civil rights attorneys and supporters of the BLM movements. .
    Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    They have donated money to numerous Republican campaigns