Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad state of affairs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sad state of affairs

How is it that in the greatest country in the world with 325 million people that the best options we have for president is a 74 year old egotistical brat who has to get his way and a drooling 77 year old who seems to have dementia? Regardless of political leaning, cant we come up with a 40-50 year old candidate who has the ability to lead this country?

"We" really don't have any say so if you haven't figured that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    "We" really don't have any say so if you haven't figured that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Your correct, America should be up in arms about that for sure

Who would want it other than people you wouldn’t want to have it?

That’s the problem.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Have you seen what's going on in this country? Riots are condoned, peacefully gatherings are condemned. Police are evil, looters and arsons are heroes. The party that backs the Black Lives Matter movement have decided an old white guy with dementia and celebrated a KKK grand wizard is their choice to lead the country.

But you're right, we should get rid of the guy that left the private sector to lead the country without accepting a dime only to be demeaned and attacked relentlessly by the liberal media and our own FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Have you seen what's going on in this country? Riots are condoned, peacefully gatherings are condemned. Police are evil, looters and arsons are heroes. The party that backs the Black Lives Matter movement have decided an old white guy with dementia and celebrated a KKK grand wizard is their choice to lead the country.

But you're right, we should get rid of the guy that left the private sector to lead the country without accepting a dime only to be demeaned and attacked relentlessly by the liberal media and our own FBI.
    Never did I say that Trump should be voted out. You cant tell me that we cant find a better candidate than either of them. But you have to be on the take to serve at that level. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    Never did I say that Trump should be voted out. You cant tell me that we cant find a better candidate than either of them. But you have to be on the take to serve at that level. Plain and simple.
    Maybe you answered your question, who do you think Trump is on the take with?

I don't know. I think a lot of the madness the media focuses on is a small portion of our society that they want to make seem as big as the silent majority. I think there we are on the verge of an awakening in this country due to the hard push to the left. Social media has provided the opportunity for people who otherwise might not have had the platform to become worldwide known figures. People like Dave Rubin, Candice Owens, Larry Elder, Prager U, etc. all have massive and growing following(s) and if you follow them on social media, you will see story after story of people who have 'seen the light' and are leaving the left. I think the media has done an absolutely incredible job of making conservatives feel that they are isolated, alone and a dying breed when I think the opposite is true, you just aren't going to see anything about it. The media wants to show you all the division that has occurred since the George Floyd murder. They don't want you to see the legitimate conversations and the listening that is occurring across the country between black and white. The realizations that if you want to see a better community, you need to put in the work yourself. I think as we continue to see the decline of urban areas under democratic control, people will continue to leave that party.

Its all in how you want to view things. My hope isn't placed in our country so no matter what the state of affairs is, my outlook will remain the same.
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    I don't know. I think a lot of the madness the media focuses on is a small portion of our society that they want to make seem as big as the silent majority. I think there we are on the verge of an awakening in this country due to the hard push to the left. Social media has provided the opportunity for people who otherwise might not have had the platform to become worldwide known figures. People like Dave Rubin, Candice Owens, Larry Elder, Prager U, etc. all have massive and growing following(s) and if you follow them on social media, you will see story after story of people who have 'seen the light' and are leaving the left. I think the media has done an absolutely incredible job of making conservatives feel that they are isolated, alone and a dying breed when I think the opposite is true, you just aren't going to see anything about it. The media wants to show you all the division that has occurred since the George Floyd murder. They don't want you to see the legitimate conversations and the listening that is occurring across the country between black and white. The realizations that if you want to see a better community, you need to put in the work yourself. I think as we continue to see the decline of urban areas under democratic control, people will continue to leave that party.

Its all in how you want to view things. My hope isn't placed in our country so no matter what the state of affairs is, my outlook will remain the same.
    Totally agree. The media is doing their best to drive a wedge between the races. They want an all out race war. The fact of the matter is the races get along pretty well in our society with the exception of a few bad apples. The media is focused on the bad apples. The media wants Chaos come election time. Biden won't get elected on his merits. I couldn't even tell you what his proposed policies would be. Where does he stand on anything?

They want an all out race war.
    Let me stop you right there. What they want is a President who will appoint SCOTUS Justices that will vote their way.

The Republicants have been doing a pretty good job of supplying those. Donny gave them one but has now wised up.

BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Let me stop you right there. What they want is a President who will appoint SCOTUS Justices that will vote their way.

The Republicants have been doing a pretty good job of supplying those. Donny gave them one but has now wised up.

BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY...
    Roberts is the biggest disappointment in my 53 years on this earth. Thanks W.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

This guy gets it.

What 40-50 year old with a family wants that stress and pressure?

With a title like that, it's going to take Roddie a while to find this thread....

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    With a title like that, it's going to take Roddie a while to find this thread....
    You're projecting, bro. Or should I say, bo?

Trump won the nomination back in 2016. We the people decided he was the guy to represent the Republican party. I didn't vote for him in the primary. But ultimately I voted for him in the general election. My belief is he got elected because the people are tired of career politicians getting in office and not following thru with their promises. Trump is actually getting after his promises. He's far from perfect but at this point he's way better than Biden. Democrats passed over a bunch of other minority candidates and decided he was their best chance. I feel bad for him. Every time he blinks he thinks it's a new day.

Trump will go down as a top 5 prez in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    That's some funny stuff right there.

Maybe if someone took his microphone and twitter away and he was just allowed to wave from the White House. Granted, I would have voted for Cottontop before Hillary, but to think he is some brilliant mind is just silly.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?