Thread: 2010 Tahoe

Default 2010 Tahoe

So last night, it came a monsoon when we were on our way home from a baseball game. When we got home, I had to run to the store and as I was turning into the store parking lot, (sharp turn) it was like the back tires on the tahoe were chattering. Almost like it was in 4wd low driving on gravel. For the record, the tahoe isn't 4wd. I finally got it in the parking lot after doing like a 10 point turn and when I put it in reverse, it did the same thing. It felt like the tires were chattering. I backed up, pulled out into the road, and it seemed to smooth back out. I pulled into my driveway and it acted normal. I drove it around the block and it acted fine. It felt like I hit a pothole when I pulled into the store parking lot, but there was no pothole. Any ideas?

If my high school girl explaining to her dad why her car "sounds funny" interpreter is correct:

Your rear differential is going to take a shit soon.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    If my high school girl explaining to her dad why her car "sounds funny" interpreter is correct:

Your rear differential is going to take a shit soon.
    It was like the traction control was engaged.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Oh goodness.

Sounds like rear differential is going out to me. I had this happen on a Ford Expedition. It's felt like limited slip was engaging, disengaging and shuddering. I fixed it myself but wouldn't recommend it unless you have a lot of time and patience.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Paging KRT.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Paging KRT.
    I was kinda hoping he would join us.

Sorry for being late to the game. Lots of crap going on and a busy holiday travel weekend coming up we can’t see straight at work.

Pretty much your diff is probably about to shit the bed. I’d have the fluid checked and if it’s full and no metal you may can add a limited slip additive.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Sorry for being late to the game. Lots of crap going on and a busy holiday travel weekend coming up we can’t see straight at work.

Pretty much your diff is probably about to shit the bed. I’d have the fluid checked and if it’s full and no metal you may can add a limited slip additive.
    Thank you sir. I talked to my mechanic yesterday and he echoed what you said.