Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 116

Thread: Welcome to the Jungle.....

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Redstone Arsenal, AL
    Posts
    2,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    And, my question wasn't meant as a jab by any stretch, I know your blood and mine is the same color....
    Didn’t take it that way my man. It was your comment that made me think without automatically reacting.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Hampton Co., SC
    Posts
    8,848

    Default

    All good....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    124

    Default

    In my opinion people of all races could learn from just moving forward. I heard something once that has always stuck with me. "If you don't move forward in this life, then you die".

    There are a lot of dead people walking around that have their heads stuck in the past.

    Doesn't matter what happened to mine or your ancestors 200 years ago. Doesn't matter what happened to us 20 minutes ago, it's gone. You won't ever erase hate, fix stupid or rewrite history, just move forward and enjoy the short amount of time we have here.

    And the scum sucking leeches wanting to kill or steal just for the heck of it don't deserve to move forward, FWIW

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Redstone Arsenal, AL
    Posts
    2,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    In my opinion people of all races could learn from just moving forward. I heard something once that has always stuck with me. "If you don't move forward in this life, then you die".

    There are a lot of dead people walking around that have their heads stuck in the past.

    Doesn't matter what happened to mine or your ancestors 200 years ago. Doesn't matter what happened to us 20 minutes ago, it's gone. You won't ever erase hate, fix stupid or rewrite history, just move forward and enjoy the short amount of time we have here.

    And the scum sucking leeches wanting to kill or steal just for the heck of it don't deserve to move forward, FWIW
    I agree, but you still have to talk about the 800 lb gorilla in the living room that every side sees. The discussion will get heated and probably ugly, but it’s necessary.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Hampton Co., SC
    Posts
    8,848

    Default

    The gorlilla, this is what I want to hear more about....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Banks of the Wateree
    Posts
    35,516

    Default

    Sounds like something that I don't want in my living room, more like a personal hell.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Redstone Arsenal, AL
    Posts
    2,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    The gorlilla, this is what I want to hear more about....
    It differs depending on your perspective, but it requires active listening.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bowman
    Posts
    5,705

    Default

    I am all ears. Please tell me about it because I honestly don’t know. I think there are a lot of dwellers of the past in this world that stew on things they had no control over and instead of looking forward they look back and it doesn’t move this country forward. I have never walked a day in someone else shoes, only my own. Just like every human on earth. The only thing I really know about this whole mess is until we start judging the individual for who they are we can’t move in a positive direction. Color shouldn’t matter, sexual orientation shouldn’t matter, who you are as a human is what matters.
    cut\'em

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Wateree, South Carolina
    Posts
    37,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I have never walked a day in someone else shoes, only my own.
    Me either. Hell, I have never been bowling in my entire life for that very reason...

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Border of both Carolinas
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Roddie and Black Bart bring a different perspective that otherwise wouldn't be heard here. Both respond in a manner and tone of respect and courtesy that I don't think I could. I believe that I would probably have said the hell with this place and noped out a long time ago if I were either of them. I respect the fact that they stick around and provide commentary from a different point of view. For many here, I suspect it's the only differing opinion they ever encounter.

    Sitting in an echo chamber does no one any good.
    Well said.

    There are a couple of posters on a NC hunting forum who would drive most of the folks on here to pull their hair out. Roddie and Black Bart are reasonable and cogent thinkers.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Hampton Co., SC
    Posts
    8,848

    Default

    In this setting, where men have never met and other than one another's avatar, screen presence, or mutual friends experiences, know nothing about each other.
    Through this adversity or distance if you will call it that, most of us, are and will call one another a friend.
    There will always be haters and racial tension in the world but I didn't know you were a black man until a short time ago yet it did not change my perspective one bit.
    Your perspective of the gorilla is what matters and like Doug, I'm all ears buddy and ready to hear what you have to say?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    36,750

    Default

    i just need to know if black people woke up in february pissed at John Wayne.

    Its bullshit and 13% of our population is deciding, each and every day, what part of OUR history to be offended by.

    And I still dont understand if this is about "systemic racism" or police brutality.....

    I cannot and will not support the organization known as black lives matter.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    36,750

    Default

    and was that gorilla in the room all this time? NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNLESS A BLACK PERSON CAN WAKE UP WITH A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE>

    and I dont see that happening.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    36,750

    Default

    and while i'm getting more and more pissed off....what's with all the 20 and 30-something white girls that are almost in tears screaming about racial injustice??? arent these the same non-voters that would save the whales with the same passion if you just got them riled up enough? what has "systemic racism" done to them in the past? They seem to be the most easily swayed bunch if you add just the right touch of emotion.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    FROG LEVEL
    Posts
    19,460

    Default

    Preach it 2th. It really is sick what is going on.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    18,634

    Default

    In 500 years black people will be a lot lighter in color....and white people will be a lot darker. We will be one mixed race that basically looks the same.

    All the obvious differences were caused by isolation and direct sunlight in relation to the Equator.


    Other than that, I'm just going to try to be nice to everyone with what time I have left on this earth.




    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 06-30-2020 at 07:19 AM.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    43,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    That's why I made reference to John Wayne, it wasn't just random.....

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    43,009

    Default Welcome to the Jungle.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    The gorlilla, this is what I want to hear more about....
    Same here.

    From the middle class honkey perspective I see a lot of people (black, white, whatever) who, if they were truly honest with themselves, really donít want the gorilla to go away. If the gorilla is always there they have a reason, nay, an excuse for their shortcomings and failure. If you remove the gorilla then suddenly they have nothing on which to blame their failures and they would have to rely on their own work ethic, intelligence and decision making. And the gorilla isnít just racism and the ones needing and wanting these excuses arenít just black.

    The Racism gorilla, while ever present Iím sure, wonít be killed. But theyíll train that sucker to put on a great show to cause the greatest fear reaction they can.

    They should be careful. If the gorilla dies or is killed theyíll find themselves with no check down receiver.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-30-2020 at 07:29 AM.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    MUN-row, NC
    Posts
    4,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Roddie and Black Bart bring a different perspective that otherwise wouldn't be heard here. Both respond in a manner and tone of respect and courtesy that I don't think I could. I believe that I would probably have said the hell with this place and noped out a long time ago if I were either of them. I respect the fact that they stick around and provide commentary from a different point of view. For many here, I suspect it's the only differing opinion they ever encounter.

    Sitting in an echo chamber does no one any good.
    Thanks, but I generally agree with 99% of what the 'necks on here think, as I believe my posts would show. If I disagree with something or someone on here, it's simply because I disagree, not because I'm black. I try to call things how I see them is all, regardless of all the things that divide us. I just happen to be black.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i just need to know if black people woke up in february pissed at John Wayne.

    Its bullshit and 13% of our population is deciding, each and every day, what part of OUR history to be offended by.

    And I still dont understand if this is about "systemic racism" or police brutality.....

    I cannot and will not support the organization known as black lives matter.
    Exactly what this man posted!
    "Dabo cusses, No one is denying that"...ÖÖ.Tigerbdog

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •