Thread: Samsung Galaxy phones suck

Default Samsung Galaxy phones suck

My wife got the new galaxy in December. at least 75% of the time I call her (or anyone else calls) it rings twice and goes to VM. It doesn't ring on her phone or even show a missed call. Anyone else have this problem?

Are you and her on Verizon?
    Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post

......Some of you guys are fastidious and choosy to the point of near faggotry.

Maybe she has you blocked.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Samsungs are for people who aren't needy.

so Congrats

Who is your carrier? My wife's phone goes straight to VM 1/2 the time, and mine will ring twice and then go to VM about 1/2 the time. No matter who is calling us. We're on at&t and it just started about 3 weeks ago.

Both of us are on Verizon. This started with her new phone in December. My phone doesn't do it. Others have same issue when calling her as well.
    Last edited by Meathook; 06-26-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Try checking the settings. I had some of the same issues last time I changed phones. A bunch of numbers ended up getting blocked when I transferred data from my old phone to the new one. And I have always had Samsung.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Verizon for a few months has had issues with service and it has effected certain areas differently. Also, it's probably more to do with the number calling versus her phone. My little girls school would never get through to me but everyone else could.
    Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post

......Some of you guys are fastidious and choosy to the point of near faggotry.

mine does that on wifi calling only. incoming calls only.

turn wifi calling off, and i get all calls no prob.

Mine works great and the camera is awesome.

I looked at the blocked numbers, priority settings, making sure wifi calling is on as I thought it was when she was on facebook or amazon...no rhyme or reason to when it rings or doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    mine does that on wifi calling only. incoming calls only.

turn wifi calling off, and i get all calls no prob.
    Tried that as well. Didn't work. I'm thinking it is some 3rd party app causing it. She had a Galaxy Note before and it didn't have any issues.

Everybody I know that has droid phones has trouble with them.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

What the good Dr said. Dddddrrrrrrooooooiiiiiiiddddduh.

I’ve got an iPhone with Verizon and one with ATT no issues withe either everyone I know with droids complains about them.

Droid is a Motorola product. I have one for work and don't particularly like it. It works fine but has the control buttons reversed compared to my personal Samsung S10+. I love the S10. It works everywhere and has a great camera. I've had Iphones and don't want another. If I used Apple laptops and pads, I might be inclined to use an Iphone because of the interoperability but all of my work stuff is easier to access with Windows or Android based apps. I have to use a very locked down and secured workstation and Apple isn't an option.

To heck with att and verizon. We switched to Consumer Cellular and saved a wad of cash. Based in the USA and they go out of there way to help. You call and you get to talk to somebody that speaks english. Use ATT and T-mobile. Make sure you get the ATT sim card. Check into it and if you switch pm me first so I can give you a # that will help us both out. Everybody that we know that has switched thanks me alot. NO CONTRACT and 100% make sure you are happy. For example. Bought a phone from them. Price went down 50 bucks 2-months later. Called them and they never hesitated to credit our bill plus tax. I am really impressed with this company. Thank me later
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I'm with PB. Despise apple products.

To the OP, your issue likely is software related not hardware.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I was having issues such as this and after a few calls and my being an ass on one, they reset my phone "downtown", wherever that is. No issues since. Well issues like that.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.