Thread: outboard fuel injectors

Default outboard fuel injectors

doing some work on my yamaha f225 outboard. who cleans injectors in the beaufort area?

Liberty Marine in Hollywood if you don't find someone closer- I'm sure Butler has a connection

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Liberty Marine in Hollywood if you don't find someone closer- I'm sure Butler has a connection
    awesome. thanks. butler said they send them to somebody in savannah

Not super close but my next door neighbor has the machine to do it in his garage. MT P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible to hook a fuel hose up to it, put compressed air and cleaner in it then tap the lead to a battery to cycle it and blast it open?

Let me know what you find out. I need the same exact thing on my F225
    "run and gun guide service"

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Is it possible to hook a fuel hose up to it, put compressed air and cleaner in it then tap the lead to a battery to cycle it and blast it open?
    Born Again Boating on youtube has a pretty good video on doing just that. I have not tried it but it looks pretty simple. Although I'm sure it does not do the same job a machine would...

Neighbor puts them in an ultrasonic cleaner in submerged in simple green for atleast 30 minutes.
    Then puts them in the machine. Machine measures the flow against one another at different RPMs with mineral spirits cycling through into a modified graduated cylinder. If one or more than one does not flow like the others it goes back in the cleaner and repeat process. If that doesn’t do it, he replaces with new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

took mine to liberty marine in hollywood. $25 per injector to be cleaned and 1 day turn around time. Found a set of 6 on amazon for $60 total but just seems skeptical. They make injectors to about out last the motor. several people commented they have soaked them in cleaner and blown out with the air hose. that may work but i wanted to be sure it worked while i had the motor all torn down. that machine will put a value on the flow and tell you exactly