Thread: Latest cool duck boat trends

Default Latest cool duck boat trends

I think this question officially makes me old....but oh well. So what forum is where all the young guys or guys in the know talk about the latest and greatest duck boat gadgets and mods being done to boats? I know about mudmotor forum but looking more for outboard specific War Eagle, Havoc, Sea Ark, etc. type chatter.

Tinboats.net

Duck boats?!

Do you even corn pond, bro?

I'm in Charlotte...park ducks > corn ponds here.

If you’re on Facebook: high performance tillers (ooser outlaws) is a good jon boat/small outboard group. Not focused on duck hunting though just jon boats and motors
    More Ducks, Less People

To be the loudest and most flashiest mofo,the boat ramp has ever seen.This sport has became a big pissing match.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    To be the loudest and most flashiest mofo,the boat ramp has ever seen.This sport has became a big pissing match.
    I disagree. “This sport” is definitely not defined by those people! I haven’t owned an outboard powered duck boat since 2011 and it hasn’t affected the number of birds I’ve harvested. Give me a pirogue and a paddle and I’ll kill birds. Those young guns just haven’t figured out that what you ride in has nothing to do with putting birds on the water. And that’s coming from the father of a 17 year old that has had a couple squatted trucks and currently has a brand new 1854 Prodigy with a 40hp GTR on the back parked beside my bass boat in the back yard!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

RK, I gotta ask how does a 17yo acquire a Prodigy rig? Really hoping the reply 'hard work'. Either way, not judging.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I got a quote for 1854 prodigy once. I laughed at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I disagree. “This sport” is definitely not defined by those people! I haven’t owned an outboard powered duck boat since 2011 and it hasn’t affected the number of birds I’ve harvested. Give me a pirogue and a paddle and I’ll kill birds. Those young guns just haven’t figured out that what you ride in has nothing to do with putting birds on the water. And that’s coming from the father of a 17 year old that has had a couple squatted trucks and currently has a brand new 1854 Prodigy with a 40hp GTR on the back parked beside my bass boat in the back yard!
    Your boy ain't isn't Matthew is it?
    "run and gun guide service"

Quote Originally Posted by dox08 View Post
    Your boy ain't isn't Matthew is it?
    Are you drinking already??
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    I got a quote for 1854 prodigy once. I laughed at them.
    Ain't that the dang truth.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    RK, I gotta ask how does a 17yo acquire a Prodigy rig? Really hoping the reply 'hard work'. Either way, not judging.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    He’s a hard working young man and has a job on a local plantation five days a week right now but that didn’t buy the rig. His Father bought the rig after selling their bay boat since the Prodigy will get more use year round. He’s my stepson but I still claim his as mine. And yes, it’s Matthew that I’m speaking of. It’s a fine rig. Not my style as I can’t stand mud boats at this point in my life. Chad, from Prodigy, has been a very good friend of mine since way back before he ever thought of starting Prodigy. I’ve seen mixed reviews on his rigs on here but having seen several up close and personal I’m not sure I could find anything to complain about on them.
    Last edited by Ring King; 06-24-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

They’re sharp boats. Look and feel sturdy as all get out. They proud as shit of them though. I reckon they wouldn’t charge that much if folks weren’t paying it though. More power to them

I need a SeaArk
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

88C07161-B828-4AF0-B9EE-1BF372E5970B.jpg

This probably needs its own thread but oh well. Kinda surprised this hasn’t been posted yet today. But it looks like Kayak got a new rig. WTF!!

Now that’s a duck boat

That's fantastic!! I would absolutely have to put out a big spread around that sucker and hunt it until I shot a few birds on video from it!

Boat that doubles as a confidence decoy... Interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft