Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Nascar....

I saw some show a while back that bubba wallace was on. I didn't know who he was,so I googled him. On the show, he was wearing a flannel shirt, cowboy boots, and was talking country as hell. Funny how one's entire lifestyle can change depending on current events.

NASCAR saw ratings were falling after playing into the race war. They placed the noose to justify what they did, had to prove their was racism in NASCAR.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Featherduster View Post
    They’re running amock around The White House tonite. Time to shit or get off the pot.
    Ron White will run amok with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Pcole View Post
    I saw some show a while back that bubba wallace was on. I didn't know who he was,so I googled him. On the show, he was wearing a flannel shirt, cowboy boots, and was talking country as hell. Funny how one's entire lifestyle can change depending on current events.
    I don’t really have an opinion on the main topic, but are you implying that the way he looks or talks defines his “blackness”? Would that same logic apply to defining who’s American?
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Between here and the Charleston thread, SCDucks is on fire tonight...
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    I don’t really have an opinion on the main topic, but are you implying that the way he looks or talks defines his “blackness”? Would that same logic apply to defining who’s American?
    I didn't imply anything. I SAID that a few months ago bubba wallace was on a show and was all Mr country dude, and now that there's racial tension he's suddenly Mr activist and has lost his country accent. Does that explain it well enough?

But, to answer your question, I think he's fake and hops onto whatever personality gets him some attention.

I didn't imply anything. I SAID that a few months ago bubba wallace was on a show and was all Mr country dude, and now that there's racial tension he's suddenly Mr activist and has lost his country accent. Does that explain it well enough?
    No.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Figures.

Pretty clear to me
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Figures.
    Because that’s not what you SAID. I used the word, “implied” to give you a little wiggle room and you still shit the bed.

Because that’s not what you SAID. I used the word, “implied” to give you a little wiggle room and you still shit the bed.
    In other words, I backed up what I said and your condescension hit a brick wall.

In other words, I backed up what I said and your condescension hit a brick wall.
    No, but you need a thesaurus...That’s condescension.

No, but you need a thesaurus...That’s condescension.
    The next proper step to losing an argument is to say that you're done wasting your intelligence on someone that doesn't give a shit what you think.

The next proper step to losing an argument is to say that you're done wasting your intelligence on someone that doesn't give a shit what you think.
    Of course. Another great counter-point.
    You brought the static and went off topic.

Will you two get a room.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Of course. Another great counter-point.
    You brought the static and went off topic.
    No, you missed again. The "topic" was a nascar driver that may or may not have faked an event to garner attention and I expressed what I've observed about said person. You disagreed and took the opportunity to try to make me look stupid and failed miserably when rather than wilting I stood behind my opinion and didn't let you twist my words. I was on topic- 'twas you that took the detour- to no avail, I might add.

No, you missed again. The "topic" was a nascar driver that may or may not have faked an event to garner attention and I expressed what I've observed about said person. You disagreed and took the opportunity to try to make me look stupid and failed miserably when rather than wilting I stood behind my opinion and didn't let you twist my words. I was on topic- 'twas you that took the detour- to no avail, I might add.
    I simply asked if you were implying a certain thing and it went downhill from there. I shouldn’t have said you went off topic on the other thread. Not this one. The point I was wanting to get to was why can’t a country black dude be involved in civil activism? Is he supposed to look or act a certain way. I’ve never noticed a change in his dialect, but I could be wrong. Is it the social stance that really bothers you.

He was using sterotypes. Wallace appeared to him to be trying to fit a certain stereotype but when that stereotype didnt fit his agenda, he switched. Its pretty simple but i've never heard of the guy till now. 2th dont nascar.

I saw a replay of the nascar people pushing his car. seemed like a wonderful gesture.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Was he out of gas?