Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suppressors Cans Silencers etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    This is a can thread, take that noisy ass brake shat elsewhere......
    Shut it baldy.

I just don’t like the recoil impulse from a can.

Quote Originally Posted by youngun15 View Post
    Waiting on a YHM Turbo T2. Did a lot of research and seems like it's hard to beat especially for the price. Only downside is it is not "user serviceable" next is a 30 call can.
    Same here! Im not ready to purchase quite yet but I agree that it looks to be the best for your money. It gets very good reviews and many cans are not user serviceable anymore. I wouldn't shoot it enough to hardly matter

For muzzle devices, what you are using? Brake or flash hider?
    Last edited by Steelin' Ducks; 06-30-2020 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    For muzzle devices, what you are using? Brake or flasher hider?
    Flash hider. I made the mistake of buying a brake for one gun and quickly replaced it with a flash hider. Brakes send too much noise and blast back toward the shooter if you ever shoot without the can attached. To me, the slight reduction in recoil isn't worth the extra noise.

So no difference Between the two if the can stays mounted?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Flash hider. I made the mistake of buying a brake for one gun and quickly replaced it with a flash hider. Brakes send too much noise and blast back toward the shooter if you ever shoot without the can attached. To me, the slight reduction in recoil isn't worth the extra noise.
    Brakes are designed differently. My Area 419 sends zero blast towards me. Yes they are loud but a good brake will take recoil to almost nothing and send nothing toward you. To say it had a slight reduction in recoil and you had the blast directed in your face tells me you shot a shitty brake.

So no difference Between the two if the can stays mounted?
    There may be a difference in how well it works with the can attached, at least I read that. Depending on how the can is designed, the brake style might make the can slightly quieter. The difference is too small for me to discern with the one I have. On the chance I ever shoot the gun without the can, it isn't worth the difference. I'm already working with ears that have had a lifetime of abuse and I don't need anything that makes it louder.

After a lot of research, I believe my next can will be a silencerco omega 300.

Order it soon, I'm at 8 months, called today and still pending even tho they say it's a 7 month wait now . . . .

Form 4 here of course

After a lot of research, I believe my next can will be a silencerco omega 300.
    You will like it. It is not as quiet as the harvester but it is nice. Subsonic 300 AAC - super quiet
    Supersonic 308 from 20" barrel - sounds like a 22 LR
    7 mag - you could bust off a 3 round group from a table, but I would not do much more than that without ear protection
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

I have the Thunder Beast Arms Ultra 9 (6.5) and love it! It's really quiet and I can shoot all day without hearing protection. My 4 year old shoots it with subsonic ammo and laughs when he shoots bc he can hear it "hit stuff". It basically sounds like a muffled down .22 with a regular bullet and its hard to describe how quiet it is with a subsonic round. When hunting, I shoot a Nosler Accubond and there's no doubt when you hit a deer (you can hear the thud easily).