Thread: Locking hitch pins

Default Locking hitch pins

Does anybody know of anybody that sells multiple keyed alike hitch pins? I've seen the keyed alike hitch pins and coupler lock, but surely I'm not the only dude that has more than one vehicle, scattered brains, and a way too full keyring.

Leave the key on a zip tie in the glove box. The zip tie makes it easier to find. Problem solved

Yeah, I get that, and it's not that big a deal, I just think it'd be convenient if you had 2 or 3 vehicles with one key for all the hitches.

I had a locksmith that converted several for me one time. If I remember correctly it wasn't that expensive.

Yea it’s called order 25 master locks keyed alike. Then drill out the hitch pin to accept the master lock. One key fits everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Yea it’s called order 25 master locks keyed alike. Then drill out the hitch pin to accept the master lock. One key fits everything.
    You get the concept, but I'll pass on that.

Look on etrailer.com. I believe Curt and a few more offer keyed alike options.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

This is what I have started ordering for my trucks. It keys to your ignition key the first time you use it. If the link doesn’t work search for Bolt receiver lock.

https://smile.amazon.com/BOLT-702358.../dp/B00ET5WWI0

Thanks guys. Etrailer can do exactly what I'm going for, albeit a little pricey ($84 for 2 keyed alike pins), guess you gotta pay to play. I didn't know such a thing as the bolt pin existed, and it would work for my truck and accomplish the goal of cutting down on number of keys (and I already have my bed cover using the ignition key). This is just something me and Jim Beam were sitting on the porch mulling over. Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcole View Post
    Thanks guys. Etrailer can do exactly what I'm going for, albeit a little pricey ($84 for 2 keyed alike pins), guess you gotta pay to play. I didn't know such a thing as the bolt pin existed, and it would work for my truck and accomplish the goal of cutting down on number of keys (and I already have my bed cover using the ignition key). This is just something me and Jim Beam were sitting on the porch mulling over. Thanks for the replies.
    Amazon is half that. But hey I'll go be poor somewhere else.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Y'all ain't gonna believe this (or maybe you will, I don't know), but I decided to go stroll around the jockey lot this morning, and guess what I stumbled upon:

IMG_20200621_112806338_HDR.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Colin4 View Post
    Amazon is half that. But hey I'll go be poor somewhere else.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I don't know where you're poor at, but I assure you you'll have to work pretty hard to be"thriftier" than me.

This is what I have for my hitch and boat trailer (coupler and swing away tongue pins). I can order more and give them my key code to match.

https://durasafelocks.com
    Last edited by cusportsman; 06-22-2020 at 06:54 PM.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"