Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6-18-2020

Very nice work! That’s the most cobia I have seen reported so far this year.

Dang,.......nice catching

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    These were huge. My buddy said they were pelagic triggers, never heard of that but these were 10# fish. We stayed 80-100’ all day.
    Pelagics are not the same species as grays. They live on the surface around floating debri and sargassum.

Almost guaranteed to see em on a pallet or tree out there. Rather shy and don’t seem to wanna play when pitching to them.
    It seems the minute they see your boat, they push down 20ish feet until you back off em and they’ll resurface.

There is a way to catch em though! Troll your chicken rig by them.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Very nice Mark. Glad to see you out getting after it. Send me some Cobia. Hahahaha
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Strong work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice

I like sight casting to cobia, that's fun stuff. and I like bottom fishes

I know Miss Emily was shining down on y'all! Pretty work, I know the Southport was itching to get bloody
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

We caught 3 cobes, 1 was 1 inch short, 5 kings and a nice gag + the usuals.
    Sharks were big and unstoppable

Good catching!

How'd you find all them cobia? Gosh almighty.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    How'd you find all them cobia? Gosh almighty.
    Put the bent butt down with a grouper rig. Anytime I get anchored that bent butt go a down with a live bait, they liked small red ones. Two came on chicken rigs and fresh fish chunks.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Fine day
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Ah...that's a much better picture. Good work. That's some fine dine'n

Put the bent butt down with a grouper rig. Anytime I get anchored that bent butt go a down with a live bait, they liked small red ones. Two came on chicken rigs and fresh fish chunks.
    Happy for you, brother. Equally pleased you didn't get donkied-up all day. Donkeys fishing sucks.

Heckuva day fellas! Looks y’all had a ball. Happy for ya being able to get out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Happy for you, brother. Equally pleased you didn't get donkied-up all day. Donkeys fishing sucks.
    We had our fair share. I just put it to them when we do, either they come up or we bust tackle. When they hit that BB setup with the 130# braid and 57# drag, it’s a short fight. Those big no seeum mystery sharks left us scratching our heads. They grabbed a bait and headed out, no turning, no surfacing, just dumping line. All the sand tigers and reef sharks we boated. I was guessing tiger but we normally see them cruise the boat, especially on anchor.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Only two triggers all day. Had a school a big triggers on the surface on the Greenville and couldn’t get them to eat anything. First time I’d ever seen that. These were huge. My buddy said they were pelagic triggers, never heard of that but these were 10# fish. We stayed 80-100’ all day.
    Oceanic triggers most likely. They can turn into some studs!

Good work out there....glad you were able to get some sanity maintenance.

There were some hungry sharks for sure. We never saw one but got smoked several times

Dang I wanna go
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Only two triggers all day. Had a school a big triggers on the surface on the Greenville and couldn’t get them to eat anything. First time I’d ever seen that. These were huge. My buddy said they were pelagic triggers, never heard of that but these were 10# fish. We stayed 80-100’ all day.
    If Rob said it, I'd believe it! Nice haul and congrats. Great memories with dad.