Thread: Golf Cart Governor

Default Golf Cart Governor

So I have a 2003 EZ-GO TXT electric cart at the beach house. We just use it for loading chairs and coolers and transporting to the beach. It is 100% stock, and slower than most people on bicycles. The batteries aren't too old and have been replaced, so they are not original. Is there a governor on these things like on the gas models? I know the gas ones have a spring that you can tighten or loosen on the throttle/carb, but I am not seeing anything on this one or on a quick google search. Is there a way to turn up the speed a few MPHs without putting in a more powerful motor or spending hundreds on parts?

bigger tires at same rpm will make it go faster
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

True. And maybe that’s the next step along with some other stuff. I was just hoping there was a screw to tighten or a throttle “arm” to shorten or something really easy that costs nothing. It may not exist in the electric models.

Tires, motor controller or new upgraded motor.

Three options in that order. Motor controller will eventually burn up if not rated properly.