Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great American Outdoors Act...

What do libertarians label this type of spending?

I did call and this is huge deal for conservation. Some things are worth conserving with tax payers money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libertarian? Asking for taxpayer money to maintain the land they used taxpayer money to buy for them in the first place? Your shovels broke?

Like taxpayers buying a fleet of marlin fishing boats for people who want to go catch marlins, then they expect the taxpayers to buy the fuel and beer too...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    What do libertarians label this type of spending?

I did call and this is huge deal for conservation. Some things are worth conserving with tax payers money.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Libertarian? Asking for taxpayer money to maintain the land they used taxpayer money to buy for them in the first place? Your shovels broke?

Like taxpayers buying a fleet of marlin fishing boats for people who want to go catch marlins, then they expect the taxpayers to buy the fuel and beer too...
    Might want to read up on LWCF. No tax money.

But I do appreciate the effort in trying to point out my hypocrisy. All you had to do was ask. No need for the "gotcha" approach. I readily admit I depart from all political ideologies in some form or another. Libertarianism is no different. We can't all be line toeing yes men like yourselves. Some of us can see benefits from lots of angle.

Snarky ol heifers.

Now quit being cantankerous Richard Edwards and go actually try to do some good in this world by calling your congressman.

The day my congressman pays for something will BE something...

Taxes collected over here to pay for that over there are still taxes or what am I missing? I am calling the government to ask them to pull out their own wallets?

How are plantation owners going to get themselves bailed out if conservation dollars are going to hiking trails that hikers should be fixing themselves if they don't like them...

Buuuut it's not tax money.

Is this thing on?

Taxpayers oil money but I am all for it. I think it is a good way to fund no use in having public land with roads to access.

I really only wanted to make a joke about Michael Johnson being a pioneer with BLM but he was 4 years too early.

Bolshevik.

etc to snoblevel

Making it more expensive on consumers to purchase products and businessmen to do business by levying unnecessary fees is taxation by any measure...

Camo Snob? Is that you?

Welcome back, Homie!

Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC)
    Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC)
    US House District 11 Vacancy

Sent. Happy? I figure it will help my social score when our Overlord AOC checks who sent what. Plus, it get us one step closer to those public marlin boats...

The hippies thank you.

Your sticker to the skinny jean/IPA club is in the mail.

You have an ally in Senator Thom Tillis (NC). He has emailed me twice thanking me for taking an interest in the issue. They will be calling me Hippie John over in Raleigh now I suppose. Probably be getting Adopt-A-Cat popup ads everywhere now...

Dear JAB:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the Great American Outdoors Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

In 1965, the LWCF was established to provide funding for federal, state, and local governments to acquire land and water for public use. I believe we should protect our natural resources and take the appropriate steps to preserve our environment for future generations to enjoy. That said, we also need to ensure that federal lands and waters do not create excessive strains on our resources or increase burdens on taxpayers. Many have expressed concerns about the program (Yeah, ME), particularly in light of the $11.6 billion backlog in maintenance projects at the National Parks Service, the primary agency for which the LWCF acquires land.

You will be pleased to know, on June 17, 2020 the U.S. Senate passed S. 3422, the Great American Outdoors Act by a 75-23 vote. This legislation combines the text of S. 500, the Restore our Parks Act and S. 1081, the LWCF Permanent Funding Act into a comprehensive, bipartisan conservation and public lands bill. If enacted, S. 3422 would provide full and permanent funding for the LWCF and would address the deferred maintenance backlog in our federal public lands agencies. As a cosponsor of both the Restore our Parks Act and the LWCF Permanent Funding Act, I was proud to sign on as an original cosponsor of the Great American Outdoors Act and vote in favor of its passage.

North Carolina’s natural treasures are some of the most beautiful and diverse of any state in the country, and I believe we must take the necessary steps to protect our nation’s wildlife, natural resources, and environment. As an outdoorsman myself, I am proud to support this once in a generation legislation to protect our public lands and bolster our outdoor economy. Rest assured, I will continue to fight for the preservation and conservation of North Carolina’s natural resources and push for the final passage of the Great American Outdoors Act.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please do not hesitate to contact me again about other important issues.

Sincerely,

Thom Tillis
    U.S. Senator

I got a non committal form letter from Tom Rice.

J, you haven't bought a pair of Birkenstocks have you?

I don't even like those sandals people think are appropriate footwear these days. Newsflash, outside of a prison shower, they ain't...

For the love of all things SCDUCKS, somebody changes JABs handle to HippeJohn!!!
    Last edited by JBK; 06-24-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Passed. Next stop, the Resolute Desk and DJT.