Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: St John....

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Tell Jane that Slim Jim says what up....
    Easy there Jim Jim!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Look into Anegada..been to St. John once and swore if I ever made it back there, I would fish the flats. Peace out.

https://www.saltwatersportsman.com/t...ional/bvi-fly/
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Look into Anegada..been to St. John once and swore if I ever made it back there, I would fish the flats. Peace out.

Been there. Very cool place. Long and desolate. Feels like you're alone on a deserted island.
    Carolina Counsel

We went 5-6 years ago. I’ll have to review our pictures to remember the names of places. The snorkeling, eating, and drinking was better than the fishing. The snorkeling was some of the best I’ve ever done. There are huge tarpon hanging out around the restaurant docks waiting on tourist to toss something to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Careful now... ol' Bogue is going lecture you on the fact that he knows he cant go to BVI, so he doesn't have time to be bothered with such suggestions.

Place is beautiful...Horseshoe Reef and that pond of Flamingos is per'ty cool to see in the wild.

ETA: Man, at the work I could do down there on the lobster with a net and a tickle stick if it was "legal"
    Last edited by FishSticker; 06-16-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Do's and dont's!
    Had to change plans from the Bahamas since kid's don't have passports and there is a 1.6 million application backlog with the department.
    Anyone done the flats thing at St John's?
    If you go directly through Tim Scott or Lindsay Graham's office, I think you can still get passports quickly.

Advice from friends with a place in St Thomas is to avoid flying through San Juan at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    If you go directly through Tim Scott or Lindsay Graham's office, I think you can still get passports quickly.
    Nope, it's beyond their ability right now.
    We tried that route and it's a dead-end.
    And yeah.....not flying through PR.
    Last edited by Calibogue; 06-16-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Anegada is awesome. We had a helluva fun day sailing out there, spending the day then heading on to our next stop.

Flats are pretty scarce BUT no one fly fishes and the bonefish are huge. Start at Annaberg Point. You don't need a boat or a guide.

Alright Calibogue, fished at Mary's Creek and Annaberg Point. The flats heat up fast and the bonefish that are there in the morning are spooky as hell. Had a tide timing issue as low tide was in the AM so had poor fish numbers on the flats. Fished the incoming tide in the PM but like I said poor fish numbers on the flats so focused on the transition zones with structure. Lots of small snapper but no keepers caught on chartruese and white clousers. Never saw any tarpon except at the local docks when we were cleaning fish from the offshore trip (fed harbor fish). No one else was fly fishing and the rumor from the locals is that due to the sargassum algae blooms they are experiencing no one is eating inshore fish. I did not verify as it never really mattered.
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

I'd have a sargassum if I could catch a tarpon

There is a Dengue fever outbreak in Key Largo , 11 confirmed cases so plan C is out.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

RIP to the Uneasy Rider since he was pulled into this thread last month.. Just damn.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by hylandersc1 View Post
    Alright Calibogue, fished at Mary's Creek and Annaberg Point. The flats heat up fast and the bonefish that are there in the morning are spooky as hell. Had a tide timing issue as low tide was in the AM so had poor fish numbers on the flats. Fished the incoming tide in the PM but like I said poor fish numbers on the flats so focused on the transition zones with structure. Lots of small snapper but no keepers caught on chartruese and white clousers. Never saw any tarpon except at the local docks when we were cleaning fish from the offshore trip (fed harbor fish). No one else was fly fishing and the rumor from the locals is that due to the sargassum algae blooms they are experiencing no one is eating inshore fish. I did not verify as it never really mattered.
    Copy that....appreciate the intel.
    Did you catch yourself a BF?
    Tides look the same next week......oh well.
    Last edited by Calibogue; 07-09-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Nah, rough seas with some snakes and skipjacks. Ate good though............
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

The captain I went out with had fly fished for reds in Carolina 3 weeks ago so we had a lot to talk about. He told me that if we really wanted to see the fishing there at its peak, late December/January should be the target. I'm thinking New Years in St. John would be a good thing for everyone...........

I meant BF as in bonefish.....

Quote Originally Posted by hylandersc1 View Post
    Nah, rough seas with some snakes and skipjacks. Ate good though............

Hell yeah! Did y'all see any spic missiles or pink stinkers?

My litlle bro's wife just touched down in st. croix and said it was nice and not gonna be as HOT as it is going to be here next week. She don't fish. Just party's I think. They want us to go to Anitigua in November, said they had they whole point rented then he mentioned 25K. Told him We will stay in the hole and be poor. Have fun
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"