Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    The guy is fighting the cops, taking a weapon and shooting at them and some of y’all say the cop should not have shot him. Have we really gotten to a place where this is not enough to warrant getting your ass shot and killed. I would have shot him. I don’t care what color he was.
    This. If you point a weapon at me you’ll get shot, race has nothing to do with it. That officer is completely justified in my opinion.

If they charge this officer, every cop in America should quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    This right here, they dont get paid enough for this level of bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Some of you acting like this is an unjustified shooting are fucking insane to be blunt. That is like saying he had a single shot firearm and missed with his shot so he should get a pass. WTF?!?!?!!! He fought the cops and proved he would do whatever it took to avoid arrest....WHATEVER IT TOOK! That buys you a ticket for a ride in a hearse in my opinion. Do something illegal, then don't resist arrest and everyone goes home safely. Fight cops and try to take their weapons.....then expect someone to let the air out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    That’s the goal. Then they can call for UN peacekeepers.

Floyd’s family attorney already brought it up
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Default Atlanta is in trouble

Medical examiner determine it was homicide.

When he was shot he was unarmed and shot in the back twice.

An elected official or a rich ginger kid would have received a courtesy Uber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 06-15-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Charges against the two fired Officers will not be announced until Wednesday ( according to the honorable Paul Howard - District Attorney for Fulton County) who is under investigation for corruption oddly enough... one would wonder why he is even serving while he has legal issues of his own.. But, it's Atlanta and they make their own rules over here ..

ATL PD is in shambles. Erika Shields (ex Chief) resigned over the weekend, doubtless pressured by the Mayor's office. There is a lot of shady stuff going on ... the GBI is investigating this incident and their findings should be the benchmark for what if any charges are filed against the officers. The Mayor and DA have a long history of politically and yes , racially motivated decisions in these cases. ( as recently as the tasering incident of two College student during the riots of two weeks ago. ) 6 officers terminated without due process.

My opinion?? Both DA Howard and Mayor Bottoms should resign from office or at the minimum recuse themselves from the case due to their overreach and blatant disregard for ATL PD policy and the legal due processes that the Officers are afforded and guaranteed by State and Local law.

FWIW, the Wendy's that burned was a black owned franchise. There will be more "peaceful protests " in Atlanta today. Let's see if the city of the "Phoenix" can continue to rise from the ashes..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

All of the camera angles. Again, fleeing felon rule. He already demonstrated he would take violent action to avoid arrest and was still in possession of the taser, which, even if he already deployed it, still has the drive-stun feature. Contrary to what some of you may think, it’s okay to shoot people in the back. The code of Wild West movies doesn’t apply to real life.

Last edited by wskinner; 06-15-2020 at 06:20 AM.

A few more tidbits about the late Mr. Brooks -

1. He was a convicted felon out on Probation. ( which may have influenced his poor decision to fight the officers in an attempt to evade arrest).

2. He was NOT asleep in a drive through line ( he passed out with his vehicle in gear and running) Which is why the police were called. ( he was keeping folks from getting their Baconators) The first officer to encounter Mr Brooks suspected him of being impaired which is why a second officer was requested. It took several minutes for officers to get him to come to and move to a parking spot. Brooks did not know where he was and answered incorrectly twice about where he was currently at. During the interview process, Mr Brooks consented to and failed a field sobriety test . He then consented to a breathalyzer test which he failed at .108 . At that point he was told he was being arrested for DUI ( all of which is on video from dashcam and Axion Video body cameras worn by both officers on the scene.

3. Officer Rolfe of the APD is an expert in Impaired driving cases and in fact has received commendations from APD for making solid cases on DUIs. He is a member of the APD DUI taskforce . This event was a simple DUI arrest until Mr. Brooks made the choice to fight and attempt to evade arrest. The rest shall we say is history.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    How about stop breaking the law, and you will not have these encounters with law enforcement. Last time i checked it is unlawful to drink and drive.
    BINGO.

Dude was on his way to pick up one of his children to celebrate a birthday.. Drunk.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

One of the other aspects of this incident that hasn't come to light yet ( at least Nationally) is the crowd of "Peaceful Protestors" that torched the Wendy's then moved to a nearby convenience store and tore hell out of it. They also marched onto the interstate and blocked it for quite some time. Amazing that no one else was killed. It's going to get worse. (Maybe today). Guess I better listen to the radio later and find an alternate route home.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I'll say it again. Listen to the lawyers press conference from Saturday night, and then watch the entire exchange between them from the body cam footage. Take the time to watch the long version.

They wanted to compare to the Walter Scott case. Also said if you didn't see the problem with this, then you may be the problem. Everybody wanting their MLK moment.
    Speaking of MLK, wonder if Trump could unseal his file? Wonder why we never hear about Ralph Abernathy?

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    I'll say it again. Listen to the lawyers press conference from Saturday night, and then watch the entire exchange between them from the body cam footage. Take the time to watch the long version.

They wanted to compare to the Walter Scott case. Also said if you didn't see the problem with this, then you may be the problem. Everybody wanting their MLK moment.
    Speaking of MLK, wonder if Trump could unseal his file? Wonder why we never hear about Ralph Abernathy?
    Dead men tell no tales. Ralph Abernathy Sr died in 1990. Interesting trivia about him, his tombstone reads " I Tried".
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

How are 2 trained officers not able to control 1 dude who can't even stay awake in a drive through?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

And lose their taser to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K9 unit woulda shored that shit up quickly.

I dont understand, at the point of shooting were the officers lives in danger? Why didnt they just keep chasing him and stay out of range of the taser? Had they let him run off and planned to catch him later(since they had his car and ID) was he a definite threat to anyone else? I agree that he shouldnt have fought the cops and tried to get away but the cop knew he had the taser not a gun, saw he had the taser and not a gun. If a non-cop had shot someone running away in the back and killed them what would happen? Please explain

Well, yall ever fought a large drunk guy intent on not going back to jail?? It isn't so simple. Mr. Brooks had been awake and out of the vehicle for nearly an hour by the time of the fight.

The old term about being drunk enough to "feel no pain" is real. Who knows until the tox report comes back if he was only under the influence of alcohol.

Just devil's advocate here, what if the late Mr. Brooks had come up with a Glock instead of a Taser.? Would the outcome have been the same? What if Officer Rolfe didn't know that Mr Brooks had a taser and not a Glock in his hand when he fired in self defense. Could it not be argued that in the split second when Mr Brooks turned and pointed a weapon at him that he may have thought it was the other Officer's pistol?? What then ?? I think these things are to be considered and probably will. Both officers will have a chance to defend in court.

End of the day, Mr. Brooks put all these things into play when he decided to resist arrest. Period . Dot.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

There's no doubt in my mind that if he would've took the officer's gun instead of taser, he would've shot it at them too. I'm not convinced that this warrants the officer to be fired without a thorough investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    K9 unit woulda shored that shit up quickly.
    ATL PD K9 units are only used for EOD, drug detection and tracking by policy. Turning K9s loose on the fine, law abiding citizenry of the City of Atlanta was deemed unpopular a long time ago.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.