Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is in trouble

It does when you point a weapon at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Yea like I said not saying he didn’t ask for it. But, last time I checked the punishments for DUI, resisting arrest, aggravated assault on a police officer, theft of government property, disorderly conduct, fleeing and alluding and interfering with a police investigation doesn’t qualify for Capitol Punishment.

Split second decision and the guy stole a taser and turned and pointed.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbreaker View Post
    It does when you point a weapon at him.
    In that moment you are exactly right unfortunately that’s not when he was shot and since the taser was already discharged and he was running away it was also no longer a weapon. Like I said I’m not calling for charges against the officer but I do believe he needs to give a thought to a career change.
    The

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Split second decision and the guy stole a taser and turned and pointed.
    And then ran and got shot. If you were to do that exact same thing as a cwp you would go to prison.

Fleeing felon rule

Watch the video from the Wendy’s camera again, you can see a puff of gas when he discharges the taser at the cop and the cop dodge the darts. CNN looped that video over and over until somebody figured out that it wouldn’t support the narrative.

I just watched a video published by Atlanta journal. Dude fired the taser at the officer. That’s when the officer shot 3 times. Officer is free to go in my opinion.
    Go Tigers!!!

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!
    For the ducks

Default Atlanta is in trouble

ATL Chief of Police resigned. Mayor (probably exceeding her power of office) fired the officer a few hours after the shooting.

Word I get is that over 200 APD Officers may be resigning. The Mayor is very unpopular amongst the staff and admin of APD.

It is gonna continue to be interesting over here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 06-14-2020 at 04:28 PM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    I just watched a video published by Atlanta journal. Dude fired the taser at the officer. That’s when the officer shot 3 times. Officer is free to go in my opinion.
    Does firing a taser at a cop that has back really warrant loosing your life? I think not. This cop gets manslaughter and I think it is warranted. I know I will get flamed but it won’t be the last time.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 06-14-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Additionally, the latest video released shows the ground fight portion of the incident to be pretty sporty with the now dead guy grabbing at both officer’s pistols before coming up with a taser. Next action is the perp shooting one of the officers in the face with the taser.

All this after Mr. Brooks was cooperative to the point of consenting to a field sobriety test and a breathalyzer -which was reported to be.108 bac. All was well until they went to cuff him and the late Mr Brooks decided he didn’t want to go to jail.

These two officers are added to the list of APD officers who will be making a bunch of money when they win their suits against the city for illegal separation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Does firing a taser at a cop that has back really warrant loosing your life? I think not. This cop gets manslaughter and I think it is warranted. I know I will get flamed but it won’t be the last time.
    Shoot a taser at me and the same is going to happen. Not you directly, just my stance on what I saw. I also did not see his back to the officer. I’ll watch it again. Please read Nitros post above as well.
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    Shoot a taser at me and the same is going to happen. Not you directly, just my stance on what I saw. I also did not see his back to the officer. I’ll watch it again. Please read Nitros post above as well.
    While I understand what you are saying, we will have to agree to disagree. One on one is completely different had the taser hit his mark he could have taken the cops gun and shit him. Back up was there and the cop new that. That neutralizes that situation. It’s always easy to “Monday morning qb”. Tensions are high in that moment and I get that, but that is why I think how cops are trained needs to be re-evaluated.

While I understand what you are saying, we will have to agree to disagree. One on one is completely different had the taser hit his mark he could have taken the cops gun and shit him. Back up was there and the cop new that. That neutralizes that situation. It’s always easy to “Monday morning qb”. Tensions are high in that moment and I get that, but that is why I think how cops are trained needs to be re-evaluated.
    I defiantly agree with your last sentence 100%. I also watched the clip again. Appears that the officer first fired as the guy was turning back around to run away. So two more in the back after that.

Either way. Had he complied, he would still be here today and already out of jail.
    Go Tigers!!!

This is the problem. Persons who clearly have no experience or knowledge of the profession, nor have they researched it are having emotional reactions to extremely violent incidents. This emotional reaction is influencing impotent public “leaders” to make ill advised and uninformed decisions to appease the public, who have been shielded from violence for so long they have no concept of how violent humans truly are. The escalation of of these reactions and subsequent decisions is exacerbated by the media.
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

I watched the lawyers presser last night. Holy shit. The even said a field sobriety test wasn’t done. There was 3 or 4 straight lies in what they said. You could tell they wanted their time in the spotlight

Don’t take a weapon from the cop and fire it at him and you won’t get shot. This was not a case where an unarmed man was murdered, he assaulted two cops took a weapon from one, turned and discharged the weapon. What is confusing here? If he could have pulled a gun rather than a taser he likely would have. Fortunately the holsters used by police are designed so they can only be drawn by the person wearing the gun.

The guy is fighting the cops, taking a weapon and shooting at them and some of y’all say the cop should not have shot him. Have we really gotten to a place where this is not enough to warrant getting your ass shot and killed. I would have shot him. I don’t care what color he was.

Tase me so he can get my actual gun and you say don't shoot? Wtf
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 06-14-2020 at 08:40 PM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    The guy is fighting the cops, taking a weapon and shooting at them and some of y’all say the cop should not have shot him. Have we really gotten to a place where this is not enough to warrant getting your ass shot and killed. I would have shot him. I don’t care what color he was.
    I agree. Good shoot.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.