Thread: Oh boy...

Default Oh boy...

Judge orders 2017 MLB letter to Yankees unsealed; plaintiffs say it details sign stealing

By Evan Drellich Jun 12, 2020

MLB and the Yankees may submit a minimally redacted version of the letter “to protect the identity of the individuals mentioned” by noon ET on Monday, as part of the proceedings in a lawsuit brought against the league by daily fantasy sports contestants in the wake of the sign-stealing scandals in Houston and Boston. The Yankees argue the letter would cause “significant reputational injury,” Judge Jed Rakoff said in his order, and the letter is not to be unsealed until June 19, so the team has enough time to make an emergency appeal. People with knowledge of the case said it is likely the Yankees will do so.

“Plaintiffs alleged that the 2017 Press Release falsely suggested that the investigation found that the Yankees had only engaged in a minor technical infraction, whereas, according to plaintiffs, the investigation had in fact found that the Yankees engaged in a more serious, sign-stealing scheme,” Rakoff wrote Friday.

Rakoff wrote that “much of the letter’s contents have already been revealed in the 2017 Press Release.” But the plaintiffs claim the letter is revelatory, arguing it “proved Manfred’s duplicity.” Both MLB and the Yankees are seeking to keep the letter under wraps.
    https://theathletic.com/1870649/2020.../?redirected=1

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    LOL...Maddux was a magician.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Yep he was, back when I could do the tomahawk chop. Fuck Baseball, NBA and NFL.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    He was fun to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

He was amazing. There are several pitchers now that have that same mentality. Trevor Bauer was telling batters the pitch in spring training then striking them out just for fun.

Man I loved watching Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz pitch. The mid 90s Braves were something.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Man I loved watching Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz pitch. The mid 90s Braves were something.
    Absolutely but I can’t leave out Avery off the list.